Need help with "Sound Effects" setting on Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atomarchio, Mar 20, 2011.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006

Advertisements

I am having issues with Sound Effects setting on my Tivo. I currently have it to set to "Low" which helps.

However, if I move to "off" would that minimize the amount of the noise the sound effects make. Would that remove the sound effects burst completely?

My goal is to have the spoken dialogue as low as possible while minimizing the sound effects.

I am running a Sony STR-3500ES receiver with center channel and left-right in wall speakers.

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. news4me2

news4me2 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I only have audio playing thru my TV's. I have set Tivo "Sound Effects" setting to OFF on all of my Premieres, and the only impact I can discern is that it disables the TIVO sound when moving around in the TIVO Menus. Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't noticed this setting having any impact on actual Video or Music playback sounds.

3. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Like news4me2 I set sound effects off on my Premiere. It plays though the tv and an external a/v system and I haven't noticed any effect apart from the absence of the annoying beeps and blips.

4. KCcardsfan

KCcardsfan New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    I have it set on "LOW" and it is still louder then I want. I want to hear the sound when you skip/FF etc. but I wish it was not as loud.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

I have mine set on low. Medium was too loud and low is actually a little to low. I really need a setting in between low and medium.

But for me I rarely hear anything when FF/REW or when watching anything since almost everything I watch is in Dolby Digital and bitstreamed to my receivers.. And you don't hear the sound effects when bitstreaming the DD. Only when the TiVo is sending PCM audio.

6. Dante101

Dante101 ...in between dreams

Aug 1, 2003
    Fullerton, CA
    Yeah, instead of preset "low," "medium" and "high" settings, they should have a sliding scale for the sound effects volume. I kinda like hearing the effects, but the "low" setting is just too loud, so I'm forced to turn them off.