Need Help..TiVo to Zen M!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NPRGuy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. NPRGuy

NPRGuy New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I'm new to TiVo and new to this forum. All I want to do is transfer a few shows from TiVo-to-go to my Creative Zen 30:M. I bought the TiVo to go Deluxe thinking that would help. The shows have all transfered from the TiVo boxes to my PC. Getting them to the Zen is the problem. I know I'm supposed to do some "encoding" or something along the way. Any help would be appreciated. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and would like some in-flight entertainment.

Thanks in advance! John

2. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    TV Harmony (free).

3. NPRGuy

NPRGuy New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Thanks, Rambler! I'll check it out. I got an answer in another forum to use Windows Media, then sync. For some reason it is only working on some of the files. Thanks for your suggestion. John

4. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    Sorry I missed you. I have the methodology and do it all the time - not much to it.

Here is what I do.

I move programs to my desktop using TiVo Desktop (TTG). I then use Direct Show Dump utility (free) to put it in a compatible format.

Then I use Windows Media Player's sync function and move it to my Zen Vision M.

PM me if you have questions.

Regards,

Jim

5. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    A follow up to this:

Like other posts I have seen on the forum, my simple transfer (which was really nice) no longer works. It has not worked for quite a while (more than a year).

Now it is a complete PITA - having to go thru a video conversion for every file. I still use DSD to strip off the .tivo bits. But whenever I try to synch using WMP, I get an error message that the video format is not supported. If I run thru a conversion program (25 minutes for a 30 minute program) it works OK...but what a pain.

Am I missing something? What changed where this no longer works. I wouldn't mind paying for the TiVo Desktop upgrade, but it specifically says it is not needed for the Zen.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Jim