Need Help Recording Baseball

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by RezzoDog, Jul 14, 2007.

1. RezzoDog

RezzoDog New Member

Jul 14, 2007

Advertisements

I have been unsuccessful in getting proper season pass for Chicago Cubs games. I have the HR10-250 (HD DirecTivo). Cubs games are primarily broadcast on WGN, but sometimes on ESPN, Comcast Sports Channel, etc. If I highlight a game (Astros @ Cubs, for example) on WGN and get a season pass it will only record games between the Astros and Cubs on WGN. If I set up a Wishlist with the words "Chicago Cubs" and set to auto-record wishlist programs, it will find all Cubs games across all channels, but will not automatically record them.

The problem seems to be in the Repeats & first run / First run only / All (with duplicates) option. I only want to record the live games, so i choose First run only, but that doesn't work. If I choose Repeats & first run, that doesn't work. It only seems to record the games if I choose All (with duplicates), which gives me a whole lot more than I'm looking for, tries to record the live games, repeats, pre and post shows, everything. That, of course, starts interferring with all my other season pass scheduled recordings.

All I would like to do is record Chicago Cubs live games on the various channels they appear on. Is there a way to do that? If so, I'm obviously going about it the wrong way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. mdh333

mdh333 New Member

Dec 9, 2002
    St Pete, FL
    Have you tried putting the word LIVE into the wishlist?

Also, instead of putting in the category of SPORT with the wishlist, you can try "Show Types" and then pick LIVE.

Or - it sounds like you don't have the baseball package, so you're only getting games that are on TV in Chicago? Shouldn't that limit you to 4 or 5 possible channels? If so, you could always setup 4 or 5 season passes.

3. RezzoDog

RezzoDog New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Thanks for the response. I DID try putting "live" in the keyword search but that didn't find any shows at all. Almost as if it's looking for "Chicago Cubs Live" as a single phrase, instead of looking for each word individually anywhere in the show's description.

I have NOT tried selecting live show types (never saw that option), so I will look for that and try it.

As for setting up separate season passes on each channel, I would not be opposed to that. The problem is setting up those season passes. If I select a game on WGN and that particular game is between Astros vs. Cubs, then the season pass will only look for games between Astros vs. Cubs, as opposed to all Cubs games on WGN. If there's a way around that, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks again.

4. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    I finally gave up on trying to record them with either Season Passes or Wish Lists.

I just go into the Guide about once a week and select the ones I want to record for the coming week.

Even if you could get either Season Pass or Wish List to work, blackouts would still give you problems.

It is also irritating that the Guide data for the HD games only shows today and tomorrow.

5. tivoreno

tivoreno Member

Apr 18, 2001

Advertisements

Here's is very simple fix I use for my Yankees wish list (which works very well): Merely and the word "at" into the wishlist recording, ie: "Chicago Cubs at". This pretty much gives you only actual games, and not just away games but also home games like "Denver Rockies at Chicago Cubs". Now if someone can just tell me how to keep that darn channel 95 out of my "Channels I Receive" list, because I don't receive it and it keeps showing up no matter how many times I remove it.

6. Markman07

Markman07 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 18, 2001
    Minnesota
    Wishlist - Keyword
    "AT" "CUBS" I put the quotes in the search.
    Show Type - LIVE
    Works 99.9% of the time and have been doing it for years

* VERY VERY important - If you make this an autorecord then make sure you select Repeats and First Run. If you choose just FIRST run then it doesn't work.

7. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm away from my setup, but I believe I use "Show Type - EVENT."

jdg