Need help programming the OFA 6131 UR

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Chester_o, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Chester_o

Chester_o New Member

Jan 16, 2006

Advertisements

New guy here. I picked up the remote based on the feedback I read here. Overall it seems excellent for the price, but my problem is a number of the functions on my original Tivo, DVD, and receiver aren't working with the new UR. Most frustrating would be I have no FF/Rew, slow mo/frame advance or zoom on my Sony DVP - NC807.

I also miss having a button that takes me directly to the Now Playing menu on the DVR.

My receiver functions are OK, but I am missing some of the ability to select my inputs (DVD, CD, TV, etc)

I read through Edmund's topics (seems to be quite the authority on URs) and found the procedures to teach the remote (SET, 9-7-5, etc) but it doesn't work -- no light comes on after pressing the key to learn to.

Am I misreading something?

Any help much appreciated!

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    The 6131 isn't a learning remote, so the 975 sequence doesn't apply.

For the NPL, use advanced code 166, like this:

1. pvr
    2. press and hold SET for two blinks
    3. enter 9-9-4
    4. tap SET for one blink
    5. enter 1-6-6
    6. pick a key

For the sony dvd try the advanced codes here, with the above steps.

You didn't name the brand of Audio receiver?

3. Chester_o

Chester_o New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, was able to program a Now Playing button, and an Exit button to clear whatever menu/guide/info is onscreen. Should be good there now.

Using the Advanced Codes you linked to, I was able to get an Open/Close & FF/Rew buttons programmed. The slow motion code didn't work though.

My receiver is a Philips FR 968.

Thanks again for any help you can provide!