Need help integrating Tivo with Google Reader

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jlfn99, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jlfn99

jlfn99 New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I am in the process of buying my first Tivo and I really would like to get one but need some help related to Google Reader (RSS Feed Reader).

Basically I would like to know if I can get RSS feeds for my Tivo channels. The main thing I am trying to do is still use Google Reader to see what TiVo is recording. For example lets say I have CNN in my Tivo. I would like to have an RSS feed all the CNN programs my Tivo Recorded, and also the other programs. Could Tivo provide an RSS feed of what is being recorded? Or I have to go to the CNN webpage and try to get an RSS feed there?

Alternative, would Tivo iPhone app tells you what was recorded?

Thanks for any help.

2. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish other than to see what programs you recorded without looking on the Tivo itself. There is Tivo Desktop software or a better choice might be the kmttg (search the community for that thread). Those allow you to see the programs from your PC. Not sure if someone has a mobile app for that.

3. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    TiVo.com and the apps will list some of the info you're after. You can't embed or stream the video, but you can view a listing of recordings, your recording "to do" list, and your Season Passes.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  5. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    There is software (TweeVo) out there that runs on Windows and will tweet what your tivo is recording. Make the twitter ID that is used unique. You can then use Google Alerts to grab those tweets (based on the Twitter ID) and send them to your Google Reader.