need help how to skip over channels while paging thru lineup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by leesa35, Aug 25, 2007.

1. leesa35

leesa35 New Member

Aug 25, 2007
    In the past I was able to program tivo to seamlessly skip over channels I didn't want to receive. In other words, when I would flick thru the channels, certain channels just wouldn't show up - but on purpose - like they weren't even there.

This changed somehow and now I can see all the junk channels I have no interest in. I looked around thru the settings and I thought I finally found the place to do this in, but even though the little check boxes were grayed out the channel still appears. Then I tried the parental controls thing, but 1.) it doesn't hop over the channels - it displays the "this channel is locked" message and 2.) for some reason, some of the channels I DIDN'T lock are were locked.

Can anyone please help me find where and how I change it back so that I seamlessly skip over unwanted channels without the time waster of the "this channel is locked" screen. The filters I tried under parental control were too vague. I want to be able to choose choose what I see and don't see.

Any help is much appreciated- Thanks

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    While in the guide hit "enter", not select but "Enter".

Now you can choose what channels to see in the guide, All Channels, Channels I Receive or Favorite Channels.
    Choose either of the two latter and your problem should be fixed.

If this doesn't work, reboot and try again.

phox

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    You want to go in and uncheck them from "Channels I receive", not parental controls

Step one: Press the LIVE TV/GUIDE button to bring up the TiVo Live Guide.

Note: The name of the active channel list will be displayed at the bottom right corner of the guide. Which channel list is listed?

# Channels You Receive or Favorites: Continue with the Step 2.

All: Press ENTER or DISPLAY to go to the Guide Options screen. Change the channel list to Channels You Receive or Favorites and press SELECT to accept the changes. The guide will now only show channels that you receive.

Step two: View the Channel List screen by going to TiVo Central; then Messages & Settings; then Settings, then Channels, then Channel List.

Step three: Remove the checkmark next to any channels that you do not receive. The channel will no longer show in the TiVo Live Guide. In addition, programs from that channel will not be recorded as TiVo Suggestions and will not be available in Find Programs. (For example, they will not be available in WishLists, or 'Search by Title.')​

4. leesa35

leesa35 New Member

Aug 25, 2007
    AWESOME! THis did the trick. Thanks sooo much for the help!