Need help finding "expert" satellite installer

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by grooves12, Jan 11, 2006.

1. grooves12

grooves12 New Member

Sep 25, 2001
    San Jose,...

Advertisements

I live in San Jose, CA... and am moving into a condo that may or may not have a good exposure to the satellites. (It faces south-west)

I would like to know if anyone knows any REALLY good installers in the area, that might be able to help out and give a definitive answer as to whether or not I will be able to receive a DirecTV signal. I haven't went through the standard DirecTV install yet, but I have a feeling that the normal clueless installer they will send out will give an emphatic no, because it may be difficult, without really looking into it.
    (They did this on a super-easy install at my current home... because the satellite "pointed" directly at a tree... but when I did my self install the satellite was actually visible OVER the tree.)

I would try it myself... but the new dishes are a lot more complicated than my old round dish, and honestly I just prefer to pay professionals to do these types of things nowadays.

2. gurutech

gurutech New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Please call me 916-821-2547 my name is pete i am a DTV installer