Need Help Choosing TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mkc@sbcglobal.ne, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mkc@sbcglobal.ne

mkc@sbcglobal.ne MairC

Nov 9, 2006
    Napa, CA
    I'm hoping someone can help advise me on a new TV purchase. Sorry if these are dumb questions!

I have a Premiere XL on a wireless network. The best buy I found is a Sony Bravia which has integrated wifi and Internet apps. Since my Tivo is set up with a wireless network already, how would this interface with the TV's built-in wifi? Is it possible to use the built-in system with the Tivo? Will the built-in system interfere with the Tivo?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    It should not be a problem if the TiVo and TV are not both trying to access the network at the same time. If so, they will compete for the limited bandwidth.

No

Probably not. Though using both at the same time will slow both down, possibly a lot. It will depend on your home network wireless setup. Are you using G or N, single band or dual band, etc.

3. mkc@sbcglobal.ne

mkc@sbcglobal.ne MairC

Nov 9, 2006
    Napa, CA
    Thank you, Curious Mark! That was very helpful!

4. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I have a Sony 46NX810 that connects to my network wirelessly and my Premiere and TiVo HD connected using ethernet and have no issues using either. Also my BRP is connected via ethernet and my laptop and cellphone are connected wireless. Still no issues regarless of who is using what!