Need help and info about my Rca Directv series 2 tivo box

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Wilee064, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Wilee064

Wilee064 New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Indianapolis...

Advertisements

I have an rca directv series 2 tivo box DVR40 and wish to get rid of my home phone line. I have usb ports on the back of my box. What do I need to do or get in order to get my tivo box to use my broadband connection to make its call. Also, if there isn't any way to make it work does anybody know a way I can connect the box to my cell phone to make the calls. :confused:

2. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    The phone call is not required. It will compain about not connecting... just delete the messages.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Don't bother, the phone line isn't needed with DirecTV TiVos. After some time, you'll get nag screens complaining about not making a call, just make sure you clear out the messages screen periodically. If you want to order PPVs, do it online.

4. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    As mentioned you do not need a Phone Line. You could also hack the unit to enable the USB Ports, therefore connecting it to your home Network. Discussions are in the Underground Forum for this.

5. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA

Advertisements

Forums for DTivo Hacking, Upgrades, Networking, etc
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24