Need Comcast self install instructions for single M card installation

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ufauxreal, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ufauxreal

ufauxreal New Member

Sep 16, 2008

Advertisements

I just picked up an M cable card for self installation. I asked for instructions but the Comcast person said they didn't have any, I should check the internet. I've spent the past half hour searching, with no success.

Can someone please provide a link for step by step instructions. I have an HD TiVo, but not the Premiere or newer series. I only require one M card to be inserted in the right hand slot, but that's all I know.

TIA.
    JB

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Did you search on "CableCARD installation"? I did, and this was the second link on the screen. The only thing I would add is you might want to call 877-405-2298 rather than the number that will appear on your TV.

3. ufauxreal

ufauxreal New Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Thank you SO much... that is exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe that Comcast gives out these cards with absolutely no instructions.
    JB

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Well, the FCC regulations only require them to allow self-install if your equipment manufacturer or vendor provides you with instructions on how to install a CableCARD and offers a toll-free telephone number for product support.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

There actually is a complete folder kit of information and instructions, including the phone number to call, that they provide with the CableCARD(s) when you pick them up at customer service centers around here. Maybe they were just out of the materials where you are.