Need Caller ID to Display

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Cav FA, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Cav FA

Cav FA New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Norridge, IL
    I have a Philips DVR7000/17 and would like it to display the caller ID message. The caller ID works on my other non-DVR sets.

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You nned to hack it first with the zipper., install NCID. and the CID server on your PC.

3. willardcpa

willardcpa QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Feb 23, 2001
    Eugene, OR USA
    Actually, the latest version of the zipper will ask you if you want caller ID. And if you answer yes it will install everything that is needed on your Tivo, you do not need to install the CID server on your computer.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If you install NCID on your computer, you can have the TiVo act as the server and display caller ID info on the computer (or the other way around, which makes it so your TiVos can display CID info without a phone line on any of them.) It is really nice to only have one device connected to a phone line, but have multiple devices display caller ID.

5. Finnstang

Finnstang King of the North

Sep 11, 2003
    Winterfell
    Is that with NCIDPOP? I didn't realize you could use your pc as the ncid server...that will be much handier. None of my DTiVos are near phone lines anymore. Once I Zippered them all, I used the Cat5e cable that were being used as phone lines, and converted them to netwrok jacks.