Need a Series 3 Glo remote battery cover!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by e-treesh, Jul 13, 2007.

1. e-treesh

e-treesh New Member

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

Does anyone have a battery cover for a Series 3 Glo remote? I am willing to pay a reasonable price plus shipping.

2. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Since we're talking remotes, anyone with an early S3 remote have their buttons wearing off leaving large white areas? Also the finish around the outer rim is wearing off.

My S1 remotes from eons ago are doing better than my S3 remote. If only they had an aspect button.

Sorry to hijack your thread dude!

3. e-treesh

e-treesh New Member

Nov 27, 2002
    That's alright. I probably won't get a bite anyway. I just didn't know where else to look.

4. ThreeSoFar'sBro

ThreeSoFar'sBro Sports Nut

Oct 10, 2004
    Macomb Twp., MI
    You can buy a whole new remote for $49.99...I've never heard of buying just the cover.

YES, my remote's buttons are wearing off with bright white underneath. The batteries still go dead quickly (and I do not want to disable the backlight, I like that), and it's the only remote I've ever owned where it seems the buttons don't always work.

5. e-treesh

e-treesh New Member

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

Or I could buy one on ebay for $39.99 but somebody out there has a busted remote and they might as well make a few bucks selling the battery cover.

6. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    My batteries have lasted 8 months, but I disabled the backlight. I never look at my remote since I'm a "feel" guy.

7. louiemanno

louiemanno New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Speaking about TiVo remotes do they sell them separately in retail shops?

And why can't you get a TiVo code with the cheep universal remote controls?

If you loose your remote and have to order via the TiVo website you are out of luck for 3 days. One time I convinced the guy at Radio Shack to give me a loaner.

Louie

8. JKay

JKay Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Santa...
    Dude... This is the exact reason Duct Tape was invented!
    :D

9. e-treesh

e-treesh New Member

Nov 27, 2002
    I found the battery cover. It was in the kid's toy box.

Louie, The $8.99 replacement remotes on ebay from eklectricsystems work fine.

10. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    I have the same problem. The "Input" button that is programmed for my TV only seems to fire every 4th or 5th time you press it. I tried using the codes given during the setup and I also tried just using the remote learning feature and they all came out the same.

11. valley_guy

valley_guy New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Belmont, CA
    +1 Why is that? Every remote I have programmed for my TV's input works fine, including Comcraps remote for my DCT-700. You'd think a high end S3 remote would function properly! :(