Need a Little Advice for Setup through receiver/dvd player

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Frank784, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Frank784

Frank784 New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Orlando,...
    I've recently acquired my first Tivo, and I'm trying to set it up in conjunction with my xbox360, ps2, and my Low/end Receiver/DvD player. I have no cable boxes, so just straight from the wall, split to the Television/Tivo. My receiver has 2 A/V inputs, an A/V output, and a R/G/B/S Video output. My Television is a little old, and only has 1 set of A/V in, along with the RF in. If anyone has any reccomendations in which way I can set this up for optimum usage for everything.

Thanks,
    Frank

2. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    You should get a device switch --- will allow one set of wires from switch to TV and multipule connections to switch from all of your devices.

You can get em for cheap at most electronics stores.

Either that or you will be doing a whole lot of pass throughs to get your signal to TV.

3. Frank784

Frank784 New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Orlando,...
    I was trying to see if there was some better way, because as it is before I got my Tivo, the Receiver/Dvd player is setup as a switch itself. through that, I switch between its DVD player part, the Xbox plugged into it, along with the ps2. And since everything is plugged directly into the Receiver/DVD player, I just have the A/V outputs from it plugged into the back of my television, and everything was perfect, until I got the Tivo and it seems to have complicated my setup.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  5. Frank784

Frank784 New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Orlando,...
    Well thank you both very much. I was afraid the prices would be quite a bit more steep.