Need a good idea

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by inertiaman, Aug 29, 2007.

1. inertiaman

inertiaman New Member

Mar 31, 2007
    I already have 2 TIVOs that I pay for, but can't really afford to add another one. I just want to be able to pipe my shows from one of those two TIVOs down to another TV in my basement. Could I just get a TIVO without service to do that, or is that considered recording and is not allowed by S2 service agreement without an active subscription? If that won't work, any other ideas??

2. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    No TiVo without service will give you any networking/program transfer capabilities.

Are the TiVos you have now networked? If so, could you move one of the TiVos downstairs? Then you could transfer programs down there.

3. inertiaman

inertiaman New Member

Mar 31, 2007
    They are networked, but unfortunately I'm trying to actually get 3 tvs hooked up, rather than only the two. I guess I could put a computer down there and use the tivo desktop on that... or I could do the same thing using a slingbox. Any other ideas?

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I have the Terk Leapfrog which I use to send my TiVo signal from the living room tv to the bedroom tv. There are other products which will do this as well.