Nedflix Closed Captions

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by ChrisCCC, May 7, 2017.

1. ChrisCCC

ChrisCCC New Member

May 7, 2017

Advertisements

Anyone know how to adjust the closed caption/subtitles font size etc for TiVo Bolt Netflix app?

On most other Netflix apps (iPad, appleTV etc) the font is small-ish, yellow, and at the bottom of the frame (I believe these other apps are properly using the Netflix settings selected when you go online within the main Netflix account).

On my Bolt the font is HUGE and take up almost the entire lower half of the picture. I cannot find any way to adjust within Netflix or TiVo.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Sorry, I don't know the answer for TiVo, but for some devices like Chromecast and watching on Netflix's web site, you can customize them via Netflix.

When you mentioned iPad and Apple TV, you actually have it do it on the device itself (see the Apple TV and iPhone, iPad, etc. directions at How do I adjust subtitles, captions and alternate audio on my device?). They don't respect what's set on the web site.

3. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I can confirm that modifying your Netflix CC settings on your iPhone app will replicate over to TiVo and you can make them quite small.

4. mikeyts

mikeyts Stream Warrior

Jul 10, 2004
    San Diego,...