NDS losing binding?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dubluv, Sep 8, 2007.

1. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    a week after a smooth NDS cc install in my tivo HD, i was not getting any channels on one tuner. after a call to cablevision, they reinitialized the cards, and the two cards are working fine. i basically had to walk thru the same install the original tech did except CV didnt need any version or id numbers off the screen. CV DID NOT KNOW CARD 2 HAD TO BE REMOVED TO RUN DIAGNOSTICS ON CARD ONE! after following the CSR's instructions, i told him card two was not working, and let's remove it also. then after installing card one by itself, install went fine. what exactly is going on that would make the card lose its binding?

2. rcamille

rcamille New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Long Island, NY

That has happened to me also, see my response to your other post. I have found that a call to Cablevision is not in fact necessary. Just remove both cards. Install Cablcard 1 into the slot, wait about a minute or two and you will see it automatically initialize. Then proceed with Card No. 2.

3. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    so you experienced the same thing, and successfully had them intialize w/o a call to CV? if so, thanx for the headsup, as that sounds like an easier fix than going thru CS. i'm wondering if its also a problem with certain cc's. i was wondering if you could remove a cc w/o losing its binding to CV. again, thanks for responding.

4. rcamille

rcamille New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    When Card No. 2 went down, i removed both cards and installed card1 first then once that initialized, I did card 2. So in my case, the cards did not lose their binding.

5. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    :up: :up: :)

6. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    well, it happened again tonite, but this time i only pulled card 2, and reinserted it without removing card one. it came back after a couple of minutes. i suppose this could be an ongoing thing, but its not a big deal as long as i'm able fix it myself.