NCIS New Orleans - First post covid ep

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 11, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

Wife and I didn't even get thru the whole episode.

2. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Bad episode? Or too close to home? Or?

I saw in the description that it was a two part episode, so was planning to just watch both next Sunday. SOP for me when something shows Part 1 in the description.

DouglasPHill likes this.
  3. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Sorry was intentionally vague, way too soap box to the point of indoctrination.

super dave and Jon J like this.
  4. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I watched to the end, and now with the "to be continued" I'll have to watch next week, too. Not great, but I've watched it from the beginning and don't see any reason to stop now. I hope they don't continue with the Covid focus, though. I've had enough of that in real life.

stellie93, Jon J, allan and 2 others like this.
  5. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

We found it to be preachy, but maybe some viewers still need to be preached at (about masks and sanitizer, etc). My partner thought it was overly sensationalist, but I think it was realistic. The lack of morgue space was not some drama dreamed up by the writers but was very likely an accurate portrayal for that city at that time.
    (I am frequently confused about Loretta's role in the neighborhood. Does she work as the city coroner and not just the NCIS crew? Was she getting overflow cases from elsewhere?)

Realistic or not, I will become tired of it all if they're going to show off their COVID skills every week. I'll take a whole season of flashbacks and stories from The Before Times, if it means my fiction can go back to being entertaining escapism again.

DouglasPHill likes this.
  6. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Consider that the episode was marked as March 2020 when it happened, I think it's basically recapping what happened at the beginning.

And I don't think it's NOLA specifically, but more illustrating what happened in New York where hospitals were having reefer trailers parked in order to handle morgue overflow. I think NOLA was just at the very beginning of a big outbreak. You also have to remember we know a lot more now than we did 6 months ago. That and the mass scramble for PPE at the time.

And I doubt it's going to continue. It's just that this was too big a thing to not make a mention of. I'd highly doubt we'd see an episode specifically dedicated to COVID beyond Part 2. However, that wouldn't mean we won't see new protocols, masks and other things in future episodes, just they will return to more contemporary topics.

You'll probably see things like anti-masker rallies if it makes sense plot-wise for example, and less people in the streets. Maybe some episodes where the victim was working from home. It's the new current reality after all and it would be silly to just resume as if nothing happened. We're all living it, NOLA is too, but things have resumed with changes and it'll be silly to not have those changes take effect in NOLA as well.

7. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    Yes, the team doesn’t have it’s own M.E. so they used the parish one: Wade.

As for getting tired of it - well, that’s where we are as a society. But ignoring it is not an option.