NCIS Casting News (Spoilers regarding cast change)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jan 6, 2016 #1 of 60
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
  2. Jan 6, 2016 #2 of 60
    Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    It will be interesting without him since he has been there so long. If Abby quits Im out of there though!

3. Jan 6, 2016 #3 of 60
    bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    His main function has been comic relief but McGee and Sciuto can fill that gap. I hope they don't just try to employ a direct replacement, but rather (perhaps) add a new character that goes in a completely different direction.

Or perhaps, assuming they know long enough in advance that NCIS:LA is ending, one of the OSP agents could transfer over to the Navy yard. Nah... that won't work. It's hard to see any of the OSP agents as regular investigators working for Gibbs.

4. Jan 6, 2016 #4 of 60
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I really, really wish Abby would leave, preferably in some crazy way that ensures there's no chance she can come back. Her character hasn't grown at all. Same childish behavior as day 1. McGee can't carry the show. They'll have to be bringing in someone else in that stronger position of Gibbs team or NCIS is probably on its last legs. It won't work with a new "probie" and McGee in charge.

5. Jan 6, 2016 #5 of 60
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

I read somewhere they were going to add two new full time characters.

6. Jan 6, 2016 #6 of 60
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I wonder if he wanted to leave or if they are giving him the boot?

7. Jan 6, 2016 #7 of 60
    bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    After so many years, I have to believe he wanted to leave. As long as he stays, he's a second banana. He could crash and burn in his future pursuits, but he's almost surely got enough money by now and at least he has a shot at being a lead on some other series.

8. Jan 6, 2016 #8 of 60
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    He said it was his decision...

9. Jan 6, 2016 #9 of 60
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Maybe Tony will fall back in love with Jeanne Benoit.:rolleyes:

10. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I've seen Weatherly in guest appearances on other shows and he's still DiNozzo no matter what part he tries to play. I just can't see him being a lead in his own show. Being in a weekly network series is grueling work so I can't blame him if he wants to retire. NCIS is still one of the few long-running shows that I still watch (the original, not the spinoffs). I'd probably still watch it if there are cast changes, but only if the chemistry's there. So far the changes they've made haven't seemed to hurt the quality of the show.

11. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    This, so much this.

12. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I've read he has a development deal with CBS. His contract is up at the end of the season. 13 years is a long time. Might as well take the opportunity to try something new.

I'll spoileize but I'm only referring to shows which have aired
    Tony split with his current AFT girlfriend, Jeanne Benoit is happily married and Tony's ex fiance is "resolved" Sounds like they're setting up a Tony and Ziva ending.

13. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I don't really watch NCIS, but this news was all over social media and the morning news shows.

14. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I wonder if NCIS has an office in Israel that Tony can be promoted to head up. That way he and Ziva can have a 'happily ever after'

15. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Tony turned down a promotion that would have given him his own team. In Naples, Italy, I think. HQ of US Sixth Fleet. At least it's on the Med.

16. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Last summer I rewatched Dark Angel via dvd netflix. I liked him it in, almost hard to believe it was the same actor, he did a good job.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  17. Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    I'd be for them bringing in Abigail Borin as the newest member of Gibbs's team - similar to when CSI brought in Raymond Langston (a veteran of criminology who starts as a level one CSI). Have Borin with all her experience become the newest probie.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  18. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    An opportunity that could perhaps come 'round again - but I doubt the producers will give him such a pastoral send-off.

19. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Tony turned down an opportunity to run the NCIS office in Rota, Spain.

Perhaps they could bring back Stan Burley (played by Joel Gretsch), who worked under Gibbs before Tony arrived. The show probably will rotate through a few candidates before settling on the permanent replacement. I don't think Abigail Borin would work -- she's too much like Gibbs.

I would like to see Cote de Pablo make a guest appearance in the season finale, so that Tony and Ziva can have the same send-off that Julianna Margulies and George Clooney had in Margulies' last episode on E.R.

20. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I just watched the 2-part crossover of NCIS /NCIS New Orleans. I wonder if they're bringing Cassidy Freeman onboard like they did with Cote de Pablo as kind of a foreign intelligence officer that joined their ranks.

I hadn't watched NCIS: NO since the pilot episode. The one guy that's on the team has the worst forced Cajun/Southern accent I've ever heard. What is it with the headquarters in LA and NO? Can't they afford actual office space for their agents? It's like they're holed up in some secret lair.