NCIS - 9/23 - Last Man Standing (Season Premiere)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, Sep 24, 2008.

1. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

Opening show of Ziva in that dress. :up: (Thank god for HD!)

Not unpredictably, the team is back together quickly enough.

Our little lawyer has a brass pair after all.

2. Chuckmeister

Chuckmeister New Member

May 12, 2008
    BFE, AZ
    The local CBS station had a crapper at the start of NCIS, lost out on the intro. Guess I'll check the CBS.com site for the intro.

Episode had quite a few surprises, but everything seem to be done way too quickly. So we get Ziva and McGee back after only one episode, would actually preferred a more drawn out plot of the mole.
    Shane Brennan seems to be putting to much of his CSI:Miami background into NCIS.

3. SoldOnTiVo

SoldOnTiVo New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Canadian,...
    If Gibbs starts putting sunglasses on/off before slapping DiNozzo behind the head... I'm out!!

:D

4. osterber

osterber Active Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Watertown, MA
    I must admit, I did like the way the big twist of why the team was broken apart, worked out. And in the end, a nice seed that will come back from time to time. So I guess there will be a season finale where Agent Lee is in the middle of the cliffhanger?

-Rick

5. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa

Advertisements

I can't remember exactly how the season ended, but wasn't it pretty clear that the new director broke the team up for other reasons? Reasons that had something to do with covering up Jenny's death? This episode smelled like retcon to us. Regardless, it was great to see them all back. I must say I do love this approach to actors asking for big money off season.

tk

6. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    He had shredded something out of his own personel file... so there is something more...

7. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    It wasn't made clear at all why they were broken up until this episode. We were led to believe it had something to do with Jenny's death (and how Leon was unhappy that Gibb's showed more loyalty to Gibbs during that crisis than to the agency), but this was just misdirection.

8. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    So you think they will drop the shredding thing?

9. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Presumably the shredding was to make the point that the director was hiding something. We learned what he was hiding this episode.

10. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    There's also the question of who Agent Lee was texting at the end. Perhaps Director Vance?

Cote de Pablo looked mighty fine in that gown.

I would presume, without seeing the preview, that DiNozzo will be back by the end of next episode.

11. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    I'm guessing it's her "handler," who we probably haven't seen yet.

The next episode looks like it takes place aboard the ship he's still assigned to.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What did we learn? Didn't he shred part of his own file?

13. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Before seeing this episode I was convinced what Leon shredded was evidence that he leaked Jenny's identity to the Russian woman that had her killed. Now not so sure, but still convinced that Leon's not a good guy.

14. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Did he? I didn't see that. I think people are reading way more into that last scene than was really there.

15. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I liked some of the plot twists, but it was way to obvious that the team would be back together. If I was the editor/director/producer I would have cut the intro to include the "new" team and not the "old" team. That let you know the final outcome before the show started.

16. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I remember watching that scene in HD paused... It was some sort of resume / performance file from what I could read on the document.

i knew Agent Lee was the spy 1/2 way in .. I was expecting Gibbs to catch her at the end.. the only surprise was her 'getting away'.

... unless Gibbs planned that.

17. Chuckmeister

Chuckmeister New Member

May 12, 2008
    BFE, AZ
    It was a "Fitness Report"(Performance Evaluation) from his own Personnel file.

18. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Good episode! So glad fall TV has started up again. I can't help but wonder, as someone else suggested, if Gibbs knew and let her get away with it. I image they need to know who's on the other end of that text message and didn't have enough info to know that.

19. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    I thought it was from one of the folders he handed to Gibbs.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I had the same thought while watching the opening sequence...

...I generally watch the opening only twice a year (first and last episodes)