NCIS - 5/6/2008 - "Recoil"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, May 7, 2008.

1. May 7, 2008 #1 of 14
    aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

Interesting episode, because of the way it seems to be over before the opening credits.

At first, I'm thinking that Ziva seems way out of character to be affected like she was but it made sense once it had all played out.

Also, anyone notice how little we miss having the director stick her nose into every case?

2. May 7, 2008 #2 of 14
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I'm surprised Gibbs didn't blow a gasket when he told Ziva more than once he didn't need to see her, but she kept coming into work.

And Abby on skates? That lasted longer than it should have.

3. May 7, 2008 #3 of 14
    needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    We missed the first five minutes of the episode. We had video and background music but missed vocals. The rest of the episode made very little sense due to this.

4. May 7, 2008 #4 of 14
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Ziva was really out of character. Besides that, not bad, I was fooled by who ended up being the bad guy.

5. May 7, 2008 #5 of 14
    super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ

Advertisements

Ziva was just plain hawt, what a beautiful female she is. Oh, and the episode was a little off character, but all of the shows returning after the strike have lost their rhythm.

6. May 7, 2008 #6 of 14
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I was pleased with the slight of hand over the killers, I was convinced it was Rosetti, and that would have been so darn easy. Just having it be an affair.. that was great.

Diane

7. May 7, 2008 #7 of 14
    markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Darn election coverage! I got an hour of it instead of NCIS. I guess I will BT it. Now I have to avoid spoilers!

8. May 8, 2008 #8 of 14
    justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I love Ziva, but this episode was completely out of character. It was like the writers completely ignored that last few years.

9. May 8, 2008 #9 of 14
    aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    It seemed like it was more "in character" for Kate than Ziva, making me wonder if they dusted off an unused script from the first two seasons and did a search and replace from "KATE" to "ZIVA".

I think that sort of thing happens with writers' strikes. ST:TNG did the same thing in the 80s, recycling an old script from the aborted 1970s revival of the original Trek.

10. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Amen. Amen.

And, try as they might, the makeup artists still couldn't make Ziva look bad. ;)

11. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    They way they write Gibbs, he knows when to push and when not to.

12. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I disagree, I though the makeup people went completely overboard making her look almost gruesome. Yes, she is beautiful, but she was barely recognizable as herself. Then, at the end, POOF! she was back as usual--just like that. Poorly done in my opinion.

She was angry with herself for allowing herself to be in such a position. How did she describe it, there was no place else to go, it was the end. Something like that. She survived by extrordinary skill and luck, not by proper planning.

13. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    While I could accept that she was upset that she let the guy get the drop on her and maybe that was why she was suffering some sort of post-traumatic stress afterwards (thinking she'd lost her edge). I could absolutely NOT see her hooking up with that weenie guy! He wasn't the type of man she'd ever go for under ANY circumstances. That was just too out of character!

Count me as not missing the Director in the least. The plots were/are better without her character.

Cheryl

14. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Had the same problem, but fortunatly I usally start watching it right after my son goes to bed, or about 10 min after it ends, so I caught the problem and was able to start recording as if it was the show after it, and caught it, barely.

I wish the writers would get back on the ball. Everyone seems just a little off.