NCIS - 4/7/09 - "Toxic"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 8, 2009 #1 of 11
    aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

I guess it's now safe to point out that this was was an Abby-centric episode... ;)

I knew during the early scenes in the lab that the "sweet old guy" would either be the bad guy or tragically dead by the end of the episode. Talk about having it both ways...

Of course, whenever you have two apparently unrelated cases in an episode, they will turn out to be intimately linked.

And, I loved the ending in the lab. Nice head fake, Abs.

No new episodes until 4/28 and only two more left this season.

Up next, the "pilot" for the new NCIS spin-off. I think this also continues the "Who is Leon Vance, really?" storyline.

2. Apr 8, 2009 #2 of 11
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Three-week hiatus? And only two more eps? I hate that.

3. Apr 8, 2009 #3 of 11
    aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Actually, I happened to look back over the episode air dates over the first four seasons and they always have a 2-3 week layoff during April before the last stretch of episodes. The only season to go unbroken through April was last year when they were coming back from the writer's strike.

The weird thing is that there are usually four episodes after that break, not two. This season is no shorter than any other, so that means there have been more episodes aired early in the season than was normal.

4. Apr 8, 2009 #4 of 11
    Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    May has traditionally been an audience measuring "sweeps" month. ;)

5. Apr 8, 2009 #5 of 11
    aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

But they'll only have one measly episode in May this year (season finale).

6. Apr 8, 2009 #6 of 11
    meglet

meglet Active Member

Sep 13, 2004
    "He doesn't deserve to sit! He KILLS BUNNIES!"

Not a bad episode, but it felt a little odd and disjointed. Then again, that might just be because I had to watch part of it last night and part of it online today, since the recording quit 52 minutes into the show.

I guess I need to remember to set up a recording for the spin-off.

7. Chuckmeister

Chuckmeister New Member

May 12, 2008
    BFE, AZ
    NCIS has 4 episodes left this season, the "spin-off" episodes is a two-parter then 2 final regular season episodes.
    The Tiva love triangle is subplot in the spin-off episodes. The "Who really is Vance?" subplot is the final 2 episodes.

8. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Nope. Only two more, the two-parter. There have already been 21 NCIS episodes this season and they only produce 23 episodes each full season.

9. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    if there's a lab for dummies book do we really need her in the lab? :) Just would think she would think she's irreplaceable so i was shocked to know such a book like that existed..wish gibbs would have come in the lab with a drink to bribe the 'new guys' but i guess that would be too much for him

10. Chuckmeister

Chuckmeister New Member

May 12, 2008
    BFE, AZ
    They are doing 25 this season due to the "spin-off".....
    Source:http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/ncis-shocker-a.html

11. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Okay. The episode guide I used only listed 23 (and that's been the normal # of episodes per season).

You know, having 25 episodes in a season will extend the DVD set to 7 disks. It would be a great opportunity to include the two JAG episodes that launched NCIS. (Otherwise we have to spend $35 to buy season 8 of JAG, a show I never watched).