Ncis - 4/22

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, Apr 23, 2008.

1. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

Well, the La Granuoille storyline finally plays itself out. This episode felt more like housekeeping, tying up loose ends, than a full-blown story. As soon as Ziva, McGee and Ducky reenacted the killing, the identity of the killer was obvious.

This was obviously meant to be a low-budget episode. Limited sets, no locations, lots of flashbacks. Probably was the episode they shot to get up to speed after the strike.

Still, always good to have Fornell around. I wonder of Leon will
    replace Jenny after Lauren Holly leaves.

2. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Could you tell me then, cause I'm still a little fuzzy on the details. :)

As far as I could tell, it was a hit sanctioned by the CIA, but carried out by Jenny. Do I have that right?

3. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Well, Kort all but acknowledged the hit and I doubt that CIA would use the director of another agency to do their wetwork. The ending established that Jenny's alibi was weak, however. She may know more than she's saying.

4. logicman1

logicman1 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Carmel, NY
    On a different note, Ziva's fracturing of American vernacular ("once in a blue lagoon") is really getting old. Why do the writers feel compelled to include at least one of these per episode?

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000

Advertisements

But consider it is a Bellisario series, so...

if he does the same thing to NCIS as does JAG, then the CIA always uses other agencies to do their dirty work. Anyone remember Clayton Webb as "Secretary of State" on JAG?

6. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    No argument there. We're supposed to believe that a woman who is fluent in multiple languages would be so bad at what has to be the second most-common language among Israelis?

7. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Not any more.

8. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I disagree. That is one of my favorite parts of the show. From what I recall they dont do it every episode and they are not doing it as often as they used too. It always makes me chuckle a little bit.

9. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Speaking the language does not equal being able to use slang in that language correctly.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    :up: And it's very frequently mentioned that slang is one of the hardest aspects of english to master, it's particularly regional, and breaks all types of grammatical rules.

Diane

11. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I work with a Chinese guy. He and I have worked together over 7.5 years. He still doesn't understand the slang at all.

12. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    I kind of thought she actually did that one on purpose.... I forget the exact lines, but I thought she did it on purpose to make a point...

I really enjoy this show alot. I've been recording and watching all the Saturday marathon's on USA.

It is good to see some closure to this story. This may have been the last episode for Director Sheppard. They said at the end that she is taking personal time, and that Leon was taking over while she was away.

Seeing Gibbs being so proud of himself for having that computer and printer was great..

Why is Fernell so hard after Tony, this is the second time he tried to get him for murder..

13. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    The best part of this episode was Abby with her nose pressed against the two-way mirror. That was so funny!

I'm good with the Director leaving. I've never thought she was a welcome addition to the characters. Very forced into the plot just to have another female on the show.

I, too, think Ziva's butchering of slang is funny. It always makes me laugh.

Cheryl

14. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I certainly assumed that it might have been deliberate.

Ziva: "I'd hate to be misunderstood."
    Fornell: "Does that happen often?"
    Zive: "Once in a blue lagoon."

Yeah, she might have done that mistakenly, or she might have just been screwing with Fornell.

15. sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    I thought it was intentional in this instance, too.

16. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    My wife and I disagreed with what Ziva told Tony to say to Jeanne, and what he did. I thought she was telling him to tell Jeanne just what he said, to lie to her, and say none of it meant anything to him so that she could close the relationship off and get on with her life without him. My wife thought that Ziva was telling him to tell Jeanne that he really did love her and that he wanted to try to make a life with her.

In either case, we both think that Ziva is in love with Tony herself.

They sure are paving the road for a change in NCIS director.

17. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I had the same thought as your wife. I thought he was going to go tell her he was sorry and that he did love her.

Agreed!

I for one am really happy about this. I didn't mind her at the beginning but when she started down the obsessive road I really started to despise her.

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I'm sure that she did it deliberately. Also, there was a similar line an episode or two ago where she had a simialr malapropism when talking to Tony that also seemed to me at the time to be deliberate. I can't remember the exact line, but I remember that the way she messed it up led to a meaning that would have been more on point (and slightly sinister) than if she said it correctly.

I think they have evolved Ziva's character such that she no longer lacks the proper command of American slang, and is now messing it up on purpose for effect when appropriate.

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Why are you spoilering this? It's about the episode we're talking about.

The reason I think Kort outsorced the wetwork is because of the line "The CIA doesn't do assassinations on American soil."

The reason I think Jenny was the subcontractor is because the flashback at the very end of the episode indicates that she was still in possession of the probable murder weapon when the Frog left her house.

20. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think we were supposed to initially think what your wife thought, and then once we see what Tony does we look back and realize that Ziva meant what you thought.

"Be a man... tell her what she needs to hear."

She "needed" to hear the lie so she could get on with her life. Telling her that particular lie was infinitely more difficult than telling her the truth, that's why it took "being a man".

There certainly have been some hints in that direction.

Speaking of Ziva and foreshadowing. A long time ago, I think the first episode of last season, there was a scene with Ziva in the Isreali consulate talking with some kind of intelligence official there. The scene seemed to drop a hint that Ziva may have some kind of hidden agenda. Ever since that one scene, however, there's been zero movement on that front (no more hints or foreshadowing) as far as I can tell. Were they thnking about doing something with Ziva that they abandoned?