NCID-What models does it work

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by WhyMe, Jan 1, 2006.

1. WhyMe

WhyMe New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ok I really would like to get NCID working on the Livingroom set, I have 2 Phillips Dsr7000 series 2 that I get no info on. What brands and models that are zippered is it working on....Maybe I can hunt one down and get one unit working with CallerId info...Thanks

2. kramerboy

kramerboy Jelly Man

Jul 13, 2001
    Orrville, OH
    I've got NCID working on three different models. I didn't use the Zipper. Hacked them all before the Zipper was available. However, NCID was installed on all units using the Enhancement script..

Hughes HDVR2
    Philips DSR7000
    Philips DSR708

I don't really think it matters what the model of Series 2 DirecTivo.....

3. slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA
    I zippered both of my units.. The NCID usually works, but sometimes it seems to lock up and I have to reboot the Tivos to get it to work again. I have one of my tivos set as the server so the second one just gets it's info from the first one and I only have that one plugged into a phone line.

4. Quank

Quank New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Detroit, MI USA
    After you zippered your Tivos, how did you set one as server and the other as client? I assume the phone line only has to be plugged into the server one and both need to be on a network?

5. tall1

tall1 New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    twin cities
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3669503&&#post3669503

6. Quank

Quank New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Detroit, MI USA
  7. tall1

tall1 New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    twin cities
    Don't thank me, thank Tivogre. This was one of the most useful posts I read at TCF.