NBC Signs with Amazon/Unbox

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by kmill14, Sep 4, 2007.

1. kmill14

kmill14 New Member

Dec 11, 2006

Advertisements

Good news for Tivo Stand Alone subs, and certainly good for the company.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070904/amazon_nbc.html?.v=5

2. kmill14

kmill14 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    "In an interview, Perrette said NBC Universal might like to sell single episodes of two different shows together, for example, or let customers who have already purchased several episodes buy a full season at a prorated price."

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    :up:

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It really isn't a big benefit to TiVo Unbox users since they can record most of these shows anyways (sure getting pilot episodes is nice I guess). The real issue is if Apple will end up taking some Unbox only studios over to iTunes. This game of cat and mouse isn't really benefiting users.

5. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA

Advertisements

If they allow Unbox users to download the pilots before their schedule start, then it is a :up: . It says it will start on Sept 10th, which is a few weeks before they start, IIRC.

6. drew00001

drew00001 New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    The article says the Bionic Woman pilon "will appear starting Sept. 10." It's not clear whether it will be downloadable then or merely be listed for future download.

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Good news. Now if we could just get the networks to use Tivo iPreview tags in their promos/commercials.

CBS offered a sneak peek of "The Class" last year, but that was a teleworld broadcast, not TivoCAST.

8. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Until they make these offerings available in widescreen, I don't feel drawn to patronize Unbox.

9. TroyM

TroyM Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Dallas /...
    I agree completely. I really enjoyed and appreciated the $15 credit given for trying out Unbox. However, it really only pointed out that I'm not inclined to pay Amazon for 4:3 material to get stretched on my 16:9 TV.

I like the service and I'll even use it once they offer widescreen content.