NBC Season passes not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Xiidaen, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Xiidaen

Xiidaen New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    I've noticed in the last week or two I'm not recording two shows - Friday Night Lights and Blue Bloods.

FNL is near the top of my list and has no conflicts in that time slot. When I check recording history the show is not even listed as skipped, just nothing happened. I went in to the SPM and updated the settings from first run only to repeats and first run to see if that helps. I know it's set to keep until I delete with 25 episodes, so that's not the issue either.

I have not noticed this problem on any other channel, or any other day for that matter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Was it actually being broadcast? Usually these things are in the history as being skipped for some reason.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    IIRC, Blue Bloods is in hiatus and showing repeats.

FNL is being rebroadcast (cable gets first run), so the episodes show up as repeats in the guide even though the episodes are 'new' to NBC viewers.
    Same thing happens with L&O: Criminal Intent.

Now that you have changed your SP to First Run & Repeats, check your ToDo List to see if the future episodes are scheduled to be recorded.

Edit:

Upon looking over the guide, apparantly FNL is showing up in the guide as non repeat (no 'R' anywhere in the info). I assumed :)o) that it might be related to an issue I originally had with L&O:CI which does show up as a repeat in the guide.

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    FNL was discussed a few weeks back. Starting with episode 9, they must have changed the original air date because they are now all showing up as repeats. Change your SP to allow repeats and it should pick them up - mine did (although I missed episode 9)

5. Xiidaen

Xiidaen New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Thank you all for the suggestions, we'll see what happens.