NBC Nightly news video podcast

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ae6dx, Apr 20, 2013.

1. ae6dx

ae6dx New Member

Jul 20, 2005

Advertisements

I have entered the URL for the NBC Nightly news video podcast in to the Custom RSS feeds. It used to work fine. Now Tivo says it is not the right video format.

Podcast URL http://podcastfeeds.nbcnews.com/audio/podcast/MSNBC-NN-NETCAST-M4V.xml

NBC Podcast page http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8132577/t/get-podcasts-nbc-news-msnbc-tv-nbcnewscom/#.UXMR-YKv_Qk

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Works for me? Must've been a transient error.

In the future, you could try HME/VLC. It uses the enclosure rather than the guid, so it works with a different (and I hope, wider) set of feeds.

3. ae6dx

ae6dx New Member

Jul 20, 2005
  4. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    I can only guess that you made a typo. I just tried it on my OLED Series 3, as well as a Premiere, and it worked on both.

That's with the original URL you posted (taken from "Copy Link Location")... it got elided for display purposes by the board software, and it looks like you copied that, because the URL in your second post is elided. Maybe something similar happened when you were entering it on the TiVo?

5. ae6dx

ae6dx New Member

Jul 20, 2005

Advertisements

It's really strange. Today it worked just fine but has not the last 4 days. Must have been an error on their end as you suggested.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    BTW, you can get the audio podcast on e.g. an iphone and listen to it at 2x.. Saves lots of time and you get most of the info anyway (at least in my opinion, hearing the topics is most of the info).. I tivo it too, since they sporadically cut out segments (seemingly anything pop culture related), so just FF through and watch that 1 or 2 mins they cut out.

7. ae6dx

ae6dx New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    When I tried to view tonight's episode 4/23/2013 I get the same error again. I am using the same URL as I have previously. It's odd that last Tuesday is when this stopped working for me. I have a Tivo Premiere XL.

8. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    I see it too, now. Nothing obviously wrong with the feed... HME/VLC doesn't like it, either*... So, I downloaded it, and tried pyTivo. Pull with ts=on failed after a few seconds. Push finally worked. I dunno.

* long story