NBC late night schedule removed from program guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jeffw_00, Sep 17, 2019.

1. jeffw_00

jeffw_00 Member

Sep 19, 2000
    So my TiVo decided not to record Seth Meyer last night. :) Checked my Roamio today (Verizon/Boston) and

1) If I select the show in the One-Pass Manager and look at Upcoming - I can see it's scheduled for every night this week.

2) if I look in the TODO list - there's nothing there.

3) if I look in HISTORY for last night, it says "program no longer in Guide"

4) if I look at the program guide, my local NBC affiliate is marked "To Be Announced" from 11:35 PM into the wee hours, every weeknight this week.

Gotta love those program guide people. I've switched over to a Manual repeating recording :-(

2. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Everything you said. I submitted a report. We'll see what happens.

Gracenotes & Interbridge both have listings. Rovi doesn't even have Lilly Singh's talkshow debut this week after Seth Meyers. Rovi's just a s***show.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Thanks muchacho!

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    grrrr...

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I had this situation as well--the late night NBC block of time with no listing in it--but it seemingly got "fixed"/filled in later this morning/this afternoon (after my regularly-scheduled TiVo Guide update this morning), which I downloaded through a manual update this afternoon.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There's time to fix it, but with only one more day to finish the fall season, TiVo has 9/29 CBS prime time as TBA. :(

8. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Member

Jan 13, 2016
    It's the same with football games. Almost all of them were TBD in my local market, including the slot that is definitely for the local team! This coming's Sunday games just showed up in the guide on Tuesday and next Sunday is still showing TBD. Someone is asleep at TiVO who is responsible for descriptions of the live shows.

9. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    It's unclear to me if it's the result of ineptitude, Rovi trying to save money on data entry, or both.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Both. But to be fair, even Gracenote and titantv.com have TBA for my 9/29 10:30pm EDT time slot. CBS Interactive has the 8 to 11pm as TBA. I guess 9/29 is a bad night.

11. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i blame the 30 minute time shift by cbs in attempting to plan for a sports overrun, combined with fall premiers.

12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    with today's guide update, 9/29 cbs now shows football from 3pm-7pm (central), tba 7pm-7:30pm, then god friended me at 7:30pm, ncis: la at 8:30pm, and madam secretary at 9:30pm - getting closer...

13. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I got a big cleanup yesterday eliminating most of the TBA's (two weeks from now secondary game still TBA), getting all of the local games correct, and marking re-run episodes that it wanted to record as "new" as "not new". Looks like they are finally catching up, like they are surprised every fall that they have a lot of metadata that has to be updated!