National EAS Tests

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kturcotte, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Has anybody else seen this: http://www.fema.gov/emergency/ipaws/eas_info.shtm Is this going to work like the regular ones we get from our cable company (Even though those wind up being from a different state lol)? I have 1 program scheduled to record from 1pm-3pm. The other tuner will be free. Will my recording be fine, or is it going to be interrupted and stopped at 2? That's what I hate the MOST-that it doesn't restart. I could deal with a little 30-60 sec drop in the program as long as it restarted.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    EAS tests are done differently depending on your cable system. Most of the EAS tests done on my system broadcast on a different channel and the Tivo switches to that channel but still continues to record the program on the other tuner.

Recently, I have noticed some 2AM EAS tests that have actually been recording and my recording is interrupted.

3. rvsj

rvsj Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Put your TiVo in Standby mode and it will ignore the test.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Any recording in progress will stop

5. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    It SHOULD auto restart!

6. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Not true.

7. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    @ 2 PM the signal test appeared on screen an the program recording stopped

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    As I said in my earlier post, it depends on how your cable system handles it. I just checked my 2PM recording and it is completely intact with no interruption and no EAS warning. Tivo used the other tuner to pick up the EAS signal.