Nashville 9/14/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JohnB1000, Sep 17, 2007.

1. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004

Advertisements

I am guessing no one watched this :)

I am involved in music so the idea interests me. The Nashville scene is something I've never been able to understand and this certainly gave a view into it.

As a show though it was difficult to watch. It's a "docudrama" and I honestly don't know if that means it's acted or documentary and I certainly couldn't tell from this episode.

Hard to put my finger on but the way it was filmed and presented was just hard to watch. Interesting in some areas but lots of FF. I just can't see it lasting more than a couple of weeks.

2. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    I finally got around to watching this last night. Right off the bat it was confusing about whether it was a reality show or a scripted show or a little of both. Whenever I got interested in it in one way, it tried to go the other way. I'm looking forward to the next episode, but the show needs to make up its mind.

3. xuxa

xuxa Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Don't let this show give you any correct idea about the Nashville music scene. This is a highly scripted show, basically a soap opera set in Nashville. Yes it includes real people/real names but it more or less is an advertising vehicle for the characters and music that is on the show.

4. JohnB1000

Dec 6, 2004
    I'm still confused. If this is a scripted show then it's truly awful. It could just about pass as reality but scripted ?????

So you are saying that the stories and lines are from a script, but the people are real ?

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk

Advertisements

I watched it.

I am giving it another week or so before I make my finale decision on my SP...

6. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I watched it, but I'm not going to watch again. I'm not in to this type of program really. But, if there was nothing else on TV I would watch it. But, with the fall season all the shows on TV, I don't think I'll ever get around to watching this show.

7. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    It is not technically scripted. Orchestrated might be a better word. It is from the people that do Laguna Beach/Newport Beach and the Hills on MTV.

They are real people, and living their lives, but I believe stuff is manipulated orchestrated for the sake of the story-telling.

The people on the show are not technically actors, and they are not following a written script.

8. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    Yeah, like, when the head of the record label was watching an act, if he said "thanks but no thanks" (which happens most of the time), it would be a short series. They said that he was really the record label exec (i.e. a reality show) but the outcome was predetermined (i.e. a scripted show). It's a confusing mixture like this all the time.

9. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Nice typo. Appropriate.

No decision needed:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7459

Let me be the first to say, "Burn in Hell Fox!"

:D

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Are you fricken' kidding me?

Way to give a show a chance...

Oy :rolleyes:

11. JohnB1000

Dec 6, 2004
    Sorry but it was unwatchable so I'll let them of on this one :)