NASCAR Record Settings

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by RawisTheGameHhH, Jan 18, 2006.

1. RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH New Member

May 24, 2005
    Tinley Park, IL

Advertisements

I was just curious on what you guys do for your SP for NASCAR. How long to you record past the actual time of the race and stuff like this, thanks!

2. wonky67

wonky67 New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    90 minutes. Rarely does a race go over that....

3. PeteEMT

PeteEMT NF2 Guy

Jul 24, 2003
    Unadilla, NY
    For the actual Season Pass..this comes up yearly and there's no perfect fix. I use a Wishlist for Nextel Cup with a Type:Live Event. This usually cuts it down to Qualifying, NC Race, NC Rewind on Speed. So even then I don't do Auto-Record but mainly select the race every week.

And yeah my pad is usually an hour or hour and a half.

4. MAPits

MAPits New Member

Jan 13, 2003
    NJ
    I go 3 hours. True most races end close to on time but if your not home and there a rain delay or a red flag....on time goes right out the window.
    I make sure there's no conflicts. And the time/space is not an issue for me.

5. jcoulter

jcoulter New Member

Aug 27, 2005

Advertisements

I had a SP last year and it ALWAYS missed the Busch race. I finally figured out that the SP'es are channel specific. So this year I did a wishlist like PeteEMT however mine is for "nascar racing". I think it will work alot better and since I go through my "to do list" every other week or so I can manually delete the truck races the wishlist will want to record.

Just remember that if you want all three major series, can the SP and go with a Wishlist.

6. RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH New Member

May 24, 2005
    Tinley Park, IL
    Thanks Guys, Daytona is not too far away..........

7. Nikolei

Nikolei New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Go Earnhardt! :D

8. dd9

dd9 Member

Aug 10, 2000
    Boston, MA, USA
    The last 5 years have treated me well with a 30 minute extention. This excludes rain delays which even the max 3 hours can't help in many cases.

9. Feb 1, 2006 #9 of 10
    jcoulter

jcoulter New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    With this setup will you get the bud shootout that's coming up in a couple weeks? My "Nascar Racing" wishlist caught it.

Just curious

10. Paul E

Paul E New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    The Bud Shootout was rained out on Saturday Night. It will be ran today (Sunday Feb 12) at 4:00 EST, on TNT.

Daytona qualifying will be held today as well, at it previously scheduled time.