Names of Movie Stars Missing from "Movie Guide" Listings on Bolt Vox 500GB

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by CranstonKS, Feb 7, 2020.

1. CranstonKS

CranstonKS New Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Lately, the Tivo Movie Guide has been MISSING the names of the all the main actors! It only lists the mostly unknown supporting cast, but no famous stars.

EXAMPLE #1: Today while using the Movie Guide Option "C," I clicked on "Dirty Dancing" and the TiVo Movie Guide only listed supporting actors Charles Cole and Tom Connold. NO MENTION of Patrick Swayze or Jennifer Grey! (VH1-E at 5:00 pm on 2/7/2020)

EXAMPLE #2: "Pretty Woman" has no mention of Julia Roberts or Richard Gere. Instead it lists the stars as Abdul El Razzac. (on VH1-E at 7:30 pm on 2/7/2020)

EXAMPLE #3: I clicked on "Beetlejuice," and no mention of any main actors such as Michael Keaton, only the bit players.

In case you are wondering, this is the path I take: On my Tivo Bolt Vox 500GB, when I am searching the Tivo Guide for movies to record, I often press "OPTIONS" (the little round "A" yellow button on the remote). Then I press "C" (the little round red button on the remote) to access "GUIDE OPTIONS." Then I select "Movies."

I realize that I could press more INFO buttons to get the names of the movie stars instead of the supporting cast, but the CAST is one of the main things I use in deciding if I want to see a movie. Does Tivo plan to correct this situation?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...