"Name this DVR on tivo.com"

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by busyba, Oct 2, 2007.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

That's what it says in my system information under "DVR Name". It's a new Tivo HD box and I gave it a name on tivo.com a couple of days ago and the box has phoned home a couple of times since then, but it still says that.

I looked in my account info and the DVR does appear there in my list with the name I gave it. How much longer should it be?

I guess it's really not a big deal unless I want to do Unbox from amazon's website, but I guess I'm just anal about these things. :)

2. Gene Plantz

Gene Plantz tivo BOLT OTA

Dec 31, 1999
    Hoffman...
    The TIVO rep said here (in another post), they know about this and it will be fixed in November.

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    ah... okay. Sorry for the dup; I searched for "name" and got no hits (which I admit seems odd).

4. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
  5. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002

Advertisements

It's weird, I got this too recently even though it's said the correct name before.

6. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    since the name has no bearing on the Tivo functioning properly, it is a minor issue fir me at least...

But, why have this ability if it does not work as stated?

Kinda in the same boat as, Tivo To Go, states in the owners manual this is a feature available with your Tivo... yeah rite

7. TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    It is a big deal, when you have 7 Tivo units on your network.... Fortunately, only 1 of my S3 units is having this issue - all of the others are reflecting their proper names in the NPL / Thx for the post & information as this was really bothering me, as well, and look forward to the correction, which sounds like it might coincide with the activation of MRV/TTG on the HD units.