Mythbusters 6/15/11 - Possible Different show ID

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JYoung, Jun 13, 2011.

1. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The 6/15 episode of Mythbusters (this Wednesday) is not being caught by my Season Pass for the show. I had to schedule it while browsing the channel listing.

The title of the show is MythBusters Dirty Dozen: "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles".

Check your To Do lists.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It even has episode number 101.

3. mearlus

mearlus Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Thanks for that, ours did not have it set to record either.

4. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    I noticed ZAP2it shows no real description for the show either, I wonder if Tribunes data was indicating this was not a first run episode.

5. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    Thanks for the post. My season pass didn't catch it either. I have a ARWL set up to catch Mythbuster specials and appearances on other shows by the cast and it caught it.

6. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    Doing a search for "Mythbusters" on tivo.com under "Find TV Show" comes up with two results..."Mythbusters" with all the old episodes and "Mythbusters Dirty Dozen" that only has the episode "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles" listed. strange

7. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    considering Zap2it get its programing from the same source as TiVo thats not so suprising...

But its probably human error as usual...

8. jimp

jimp Member

Jan 1, 2005
    BFE, Indiana
    I had to do a manual recording as well, though since they can be issued over the web now it's not nearly as annoying as having to track it down and do it manually on the box. It's still a pain that they messed up the guide data again.

I still don't think I've seen the last episode they screwed up the guide data for.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It's not human error, it's listed as a different show. This sounds like a clip show.

10. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    It is.

11. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Frick. Missed it. I got here to late. :(

12. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    No big deal - it's just a clip show - their 12 favorite plane/train/automobile myths all condensed with a little back story added. Nothing new really.

13. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I liked the backstory bits, but they were probably only 5-6 minutes of the episode.

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Cool, clip shows are yet another reason for having a Tivo.. FF through the old bits, and watch the new bits. (Though some things, like Survivor 'clip shows' have interweaved them so closely that it's not really worth trying to ff through the old stuff.)

15. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    No worries. It comes on again next Wednesday. Just set a manual recording for it then. It comes on right before the new episode.