Mystery Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rhaberman, Aug 27, 2007.

1. rhaberman

rhaberman New Member

Aug 4, 2007

Advertisements

Hello:

About a month back, I purchased a Humax TIVO box and subscription. So far everything works great, except for two issues:

1. The TIVO will change channels on my satellite box and start recording programs I did not program. This happens on an irregular basis. There is nothing on my To Do list.

2. When I try to publish my iTunes library from my Mac (OSX 10.4.10), the TIVO box sees my computer, but only shows 1 MP3 song, which isn't mine.

The TIVO box is connected to the Internet via a wifi link.

I suspect that someone is trying to program his TIVO box via the internet, but somehow, the commands are hitting my box.

Anyone seen this before? Any thoughts on how I fix this?

Thx:

RobH

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    This is the TiVo recording suggestions, based on your season passes and other things that you record. The TiVo is learning what you watch and is starting to suggest similar programs that you might like.

If you don't want your TiVo to do this, you need to turn off suggestions. TiVos come from the factory with suggestions turned on. Look in the Messages & Settings to turn off suggestions.

I can't help you on the iTunes question. I don't own a Mac, so I can't suggest anything.

3. Microman66

Microman66 Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Control of Tivo Desktop on the Mac is located in SYSTEM PReferences.

Open System Preferences and Launch Tivo Desktop. Make sure you are sharing all the music and not just one song.

I have Tivo Desktop on a PC and Mac. PC works fine, but the Mac is running 20x slower at responding to commands and playlists and songs.