Mydvd 6.1

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Waldo50676, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Waldo50676

Waldo50676 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    North East Iowa

Advertisements

So why is it that MYDVD waits until just before it starts writing the files to the DVD before crashing? Granted it only happens 3 times out of 20 but it sure does make me feel a bit postal... I mean you wait 4 danged hours and just when you think all is well and good bam! it ejects the DVD and says sorry MYDVD has experienced a problem and needs to shut down. So I finally break down today and go check their website to see if they have any updates, they don't... guess they are the only company that makes a perfect program and all the problems are... well not theirs.

Rant over, funny still don't feel better.

2. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    San Jose, CA

I believe the computer gods do this to you as punishment for even using MyDVD in the first place. I know it's the only one that publicly claims support for .tivo files.. but it used up my patience after it crashed during 5 of my first 10 burns.. I migrated to Nero and have not returned..

3. OpeXp

OpeXp New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I've been trying and trying to burn with MyDVD... crashes every time

Who do you burn with nero... I have nero express... but how?
    Thanks
    Op :eek:

4. aries71

aries71 New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Atlanta
    Yes, someone please HELP! I have HAD IT with MyDVD. It has now crashed 4/4 of the times I have tried to use it to convert and burn DVD's from original TIVO programs/files.

All this on a 1.7ghz machine with 3gb RAM and 200gb of storage.

I tried it on my laptop with the same results.

Is anyone else getting this done out there?

If so, how?

5. zcamanap

zcamanap New Member

Dec 31, 2005

Advertisements

Are you using the "Get Recorded Programs" button in MyDVD, or using the "Add Files"? I have only been successful MyDVD by inserting shows into the project by using the "Get Recorded Programs" button. Additionally, when it finally burns for you, burn at no more than 8X.

If you are missing the "Get Recorded Programs" button, Sonic has a patch on thier website to insert the required button.

Good luck! I almost gave up myself but have finally gotten it to work, without too much of a headache.

80hr Tivo series2
    TTG 2.2
    Sonic MyDVD 6.1
    P4 3Ghz
    1G RAM
    160 Gig

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You should check out my last post in this thread...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=279168

it outlines a way to create a DVD from .tivo files without transcoding. If you're even remotely technical the process is really easy. And the only piece of software that costs any money is VideoReDo, the editor, and it's got a 15 day full trial period so you can test it out and make sure it does what you want.

Dan