MyDVD 6.1 crashes when i add .tivo files

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by callmedoug, Jan 24, 2006.

1. callmedoug

callmedoug New Member

Jan 19, 2006

Advertisements

I bought MyDVD 6.1 so I could convert my .tivo files to a DVD. before that I used tvharmony but found it didn't work very well.

Anyway, I also download the tivo patch for 6.1 that MyDVD has on their website that allows the "get tv programs" to work.

Anytime I make a DVD and add a .tivo file to it, I can not actually burn it or edit it. If I try to edit the file, MyDVD performs an illegal operation and the program closes. If I try to burn the file when it gets to the "transcoding audio" it performs an illegal operation and closes as well.

Now if I use tvharmony to convert the file to a MPEG, then it is fine, I can edit it and burn it with MyDVD with no problems.

Anyone else having this problem, know of a solution?

Also MYDVD sucks for editing, anyone suggest a better program, perferably free, since I already bought MyDVD, hate to have to buy more.

thanks

2. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    NeroVision Express is generally considered to be somewhat better and comes bundled free with many computers/drives. Many folks recommend VideoReDo for editing, but it will cost you.

3. callmedoug

callmedoug New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    I have Nerovison Express, but it does not recognize the .tivo files. also the audio seem to disappear when I burn to a DVD with it.

It just seems like I have a audio problem when it comes to .tivo.

But I will go back to Nerovision and see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Should it recognize .tivo files?

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    I've had good luck with it recognizing most of my .tivo files. However, if you continue tohave problems do a search on 'DirectShow Dump' to improve your odds.

5. callmedoug

callmedoug New Member

Jan 19, 2006

Advertisements

More infomation.

I did go back and try Nerovision, but again I have the same problem in the nerovision crashes if I try to burn the .tivo files.

It seems as if I may be missing a codex or driver or something that my computer or these programs need to properly convert a tivo file.

The only program that seems to work to convert the file to a MPEG is tvharmony.

6. drewpydog

drewpydog New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    I had the same problem for awhile. I think it has to do with your tivo desktop software. Try the remedy at the very bottom of this link, it worked for me.

This forum won't let me post the URL, so search google for "tivo to go unleashed" and it's the first page. I did the method going back to tivo desktop 2.0 from 2.2