MY TIVO DVR EXPANDER, 500gb bestbuy sneak peek

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ThatBozGuy, Oct 21, 2007.

1. ThatBozGuy

ThatBozGuy New Member

Oct 13, 2006

Advertisements

So with the 9.1 enabling esata expansion for "official" tivo drives, best buy has them in the pipeline, heres a sneak peek at the place holder at a best buy site.

500gb "official" esata $219 at best buy (not available yet)

2. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Is this any different to the WDG1SU5000N? other than a U and an N in the product code?

3. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
  4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Well I found it by accident via Google and who knows if it's legit. But thanks, BlackBetty. :) Basically, a new MicroCenter opened in my neighborhood (yes!) and I wanted to buy something, so I was looking for deals on WD's My DVR Expander since I figured/hoped it would be compatible with my S3 as soon as TiVo delivers 9.2 via that priority list. After I found that hit I spent some time digging through Google and others, but didn't come up with anything else. It's weird since it's the same model number as the existing drive, but it also seems to be out of stock at some places. If it's real, maybe they're stickering the boxes to say "TiVo Compatible" or providing new packaging?

5. stm378

stm378 New Member

Oct 10, 2007

Advertisements

Same thing here....completely stumbled on it by accident....I gotcha beat by a day though Dave :p
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=365215&page=3&pp=30
    4th post down.
    Seriously though Dave....thanks for all of the great stuff on your website, it's been very helpful with my TiVo addiction.
    -S-

6. ThatBozGuy

ThatBozGuy New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Preachy bunch around here eh? I found it in google accidentally when I was building my music production server looking for drives (not at some outside site,not that it matters) I hadnt seen it before so I posted it,to share with others what could possibly be wrong about that? Please feel free to take your flames to your ownself for being so anti community. As to the rest Ive learned my lesson, ask a question get flamed, share info get flamed, fantastic.

7. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Boz,

Thanks for posting your find! It seems you've gotta have a thick skin sometimes when posting info. Some people forget that the Internet is a big place, and we can stumble upon info ourselves without being spoon fed like others.

:)

8. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
  9. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    500GB is a bit too tiny. Anyone know why they don't have bigger ones?

10. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
  11. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004

yep uh huh sure. You just happened to "accidently" find it on the web 22 minutes after Dave posted the identical info on his site. :cool:

All I'm saying is, if you are going to jack someone's info from a blog or where ever, atleast give credit where credit is due.

12. raianoat

raianoat TiVoBlog.com

Jan 27, 2004
    :up: :up: :up: :up:

13. psyton

psyton New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Uh, did you miss the post just a few down from zatz's:
    Yep, uh-huh, sure. So by your inane logic, are you saying Zatz stole it from stm378, because the exact same circumstances exist? I didn't see Zatz give credit to stm378 - does this mean you're going to call out Zatz next? Just too coincidental, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Or are you willing to concede that the internet is much to vast for even little ole' you to know everything that transpires on it? How about being big enough to admit your mistake and apologize and move on - or are you just going to continue to pretend you know it all and continue to hurl unsubstantiated accusations at every little thing you read?

14. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Let's all just be friends on move on. I've actually gotten word from an insider that Best Buy's page has been up for awhile, so it's entirely possible multiple people would have and did stumble upon it. I do credit a person or the forum when I have a public source. By the way, I just got a Stop|Watch press release from TiVo so I doubt the hard drive announcement will be today.

FYI The pics I have going up within the hour (not hard drive related) are exclusive... So if you see them elsewhere, then we can point fingers! ;)

15. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    awesome!!! I can't wait to see what you got now. Thanks for a great website Dave.

16. psyton

psyton New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Guess not. Color me disappointed but not surprised... :rolleyes:

17. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004

no mistake to admit. Better luck elsewhere! :p

and you can color yourself, I don't swing that way.

If you want to be naive and believe this poster accidently came across this discovery via google and then created this post 22 minutes after Dave Zatz created his post on his blog, then go right ahead. I'll send the easter bunny right over to tuck you in tonight.

18. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Western Digital annoucement today.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071023/latu016.html?.v=101

Also more info at:
    http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2007-10/tivo-series3hd-get-external-storage-multi-room-viewing-tivotogo/

19. TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
    Oh yeah, the capacity on that My DVR Expander are quoted for the Scientific Atlanta DVR. While the HD capacity is the same with a TiVo DVR, the SD capacity is up to 600 hours, not 300. ;)

Pony

20. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Gilbert Arizona
    Is this the only external HD that is safe to use with our TiVo's