My S3 Rebate arrived today.

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by askewed, Jun 20, 2007.

1. askewed

askewed Snoogins

Sep 12, 2000
    NJ

Advertisements

A mere 17 days after I ordered it... Thank you TiVO!

2. toolkit

toolkit New Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Northern...
    Interesting, since the rebate terms say you have to keep it past the 30-day return period before you can get the rebate. I was expecting it to take a while. I'm not complaining - just find it interesting.

3. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I did a 3 year prepay - ain't no way I'm getting that money back. Based on that, I shouldn't have to wait the 30 days - but I suspect I will anyway - it's only been about a week and I'm not holding my breath.

4. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Yeah I haven't even sent mine in yet, since I figured I'd have to wait 30 days first. Maybe I'll just send it in now instead and hope for the best.

5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

Did anyone else try pre-registering for the rebate online? I tried to do it, but it wouldn't let me. I figured it was because the box hadn't been activated for 30 days yet.

6. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    This is extremely odd and is definitely NOT the normal timeframe. Did you contact the rebate center for some reason? I believe the rebate center messed up, in your favor.

7. askewed

askewed Snoogins

Sep 12, 2000
    NJ
    A. I did the 3 year pre-pay also...

B. A TiVo CSR put my rebate in while I was activating...

8. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    See, someone didn't know what he/she was doing.

9. AdmiralTivo

AdmiralTivo You talkin' to me?

Feb 25, 2005
    Rebate Status

Status Detail: We have confirmed that your TiVo box has active service. Your service must remain active for 30 days to qualify for the rebate. Once active for 30 days, you can expect to receive your rebate in 4-5 weeks.

17 days seems hard to believe. Even taking the 30 days out of the equation, they estimate 4-5 weeks.

10. mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    To askewed: did you by any chance order from TiVo directly?

Hey, at least they are paying out!

11. hdhdliving

hdhdliving New Member

May 29, 2007
    Chagrin...
    So are you suggesting that a member of this forum since September 2000 would be making a false statement? For what reason would he do that?

12. mnc042

mnc042 MarcBot

Dec 13, 2000
    Windham, NH USA
    My rebate did not arrive, AND the site claims this is why:

I have a copy of what I submitted, and it clearly (clearly!) includes my new Series 3 TiVo's service number. I also wonder why the site says I needed a Series2 DVD service number.

There's an 888 number on the site which is useless, it just goes to recorded info with no human being to be found.

TiVo bounces me to the same number because they are handling the rebates, not TiVo.

Anyone else get this bogus rejection? And what to do about it?

Thanks..

Very annoying!

FOLLOW-UP: About fifteen minutes after I posted this, I found a way to get through to a human on the rebates site. She was able to determine that whomever did the transcription from the paperwork to the keyboard missed a digit, and my service number was invalid because of that. She fixed the transposed digit, and I am now pending the 30 day activation approval.

Things are just ducky now. Hopefully nobody else has to do this.

\marc

13. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I got my S3 rebate confirmation email today... dropped the rebate form in the mail on Monday of this week.

14. askewed

askewed Snoogins

Sep 12, 2000
    NJ
    Nope got it right here...

15. McCarron

McCarron New Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I mailed my submission over a month ago, and have not yet gotten any form of confirmation/denial. Nothing shows on TivoRebates.com (other than my old rebate from an S2) and I never received an email.

I also called two months ago to have fix my S2 rebate which also never got processed, and I still don't have it either.

Thankfully their excellent telephone automated system hung up on me when I got it to transfer me to a human. Wait no that's not a good thing.

16. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    One month later... rebate has now been approved, scheduled for final processing

17. That70sGAdawg

That70sGAdawg New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Buford, GA USA
    How did you get through to a human? Between the "certificate" number included in the box (bought from this store) being no good a signup, and the tivo rebate (activation)number not working for me either - I'm feeling "taken" that I paid so much for my S3...

18. dmk1974

dmk1974 DA BEARS!!!

Mar 7, 2002
    Cary, IL
    I mailed mine out on June 14th and never saw anything show up on tivorebates.com. I then sent an e-mail to them on July 10th inquiring about it. Here's the reply I got. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. We apologize, but we are unable to locate your submission in our database. Your rebate submission may have been misdirected or lost in the mail. If it has been longer than four weeks since you sent in your rebate request, please mail or fax a copy of your UPC barcode, sales receipt, and rebate form to:

Rebate Special Services
    PO Box 028516
    Miami FL 33102-8516
    OR
    Fax Number: (888) 864-5763
    Please allow 48 hours to process your fax.

Please understand that you are resubmitting your original rebate request, so it will take up to 8 weeks to receive your rebate.

Also, if your initial submission was not sent to our processing centers in Texas or Florida, you should contact the store where you made your original purchase to locate the correct rebate processing center.

We appreciate your participation in this promotion. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at tivorebates@tivorebates.com. We are always happy to help.

Be sure to visit our website at www.tivorebates.com for future rebate opportunities.

Roy
    Promotions Customer Service

19. McCarron

McCarron New Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I finally got a hold of a human today, and the rep actually added my rebate info over the phone for me. He could see that I was activated and everything, so he pushed it through.