My Roamio OTA no longer has Skip mode

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Konrad Stollsteiner, Dec 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Konrad Stollsteiner

Konrad Stollsteiner New Member

Dec 21, 2017

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed that skip mode is no longer available on any recorded shows since a few days ago ?
    Please let me know if you are having the same problem otherwise I will contact Tivo

2. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Mine is not OTA but 4 shows recorded last night have it.

3. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Active Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    Reboot your Roamio.

4. jerryez

jerryez Active Member

May 16, 2001
    Pensacola,FL...
    My Roamio OTA has skip mode listed on all shows recorded last night, but I have not played them yet. I have noticed a few shows recently where skip mode did not work when I played them. All prime time network shows. One was a 1/2 hour after I had recorded it.

5. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007

Advertisements

Be aware that there is some bug where the Skip mode icon is missing on the My Shows entry, but if you select the show and drill deeper, the Skip mode actually is there and works. This is sometimes confused with Skip mode being missing, when it is just the icon that is missing.

wtherrell likes this.
  6. Konrad Stollsteiner

Dec 21, 2017
    I rebooted my Roamio OTA, made sure network settings are working and able to connect to the internet.
    None of my network channel (abc, cbs, fox, nbc) shows recorded on prime time show the skip mode icon next to the NEW icon next to the show name .
    I select any show, start playback and then press D and nothing happens. A week ago most of them had the skipmode feature, even some older shows that had skip mode no longer have it.
    20171221_235339.jpg I will contact TIVO and see what they say

7. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I saw some other posts after my earlier post. It seems other people are seeing this issue also and TiVo support says they are aware and working on it.

Skip mode disappeared.

8. Konrad Stollsteiner

Dec 21, 2017
    You are right, other people are having the same issue

9. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Boy, that non-Hydra look brings back good memories. I dont hate Hydra but...

10. vbgregg

vbgregg Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I often have the opposite problem. The Skip Mode icon is there, but pushing the green D button does not result in a skip.

11. 1idjack

1idjack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Saint...
    I also have this problem, and it is getting worse. (Skip Mode icon is present, but green button does nothing)

12. wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La
    On Wed, NBC prime time shows, none had SM. I attributed to the bad weather on the east coast.

13. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    True. Stupid school closings. Blacklist ok, L&O:SVU and Chicago P.D. were missing. Criminal Minds on CBS was OK also.