My Provider Adding Tivo as DVR option

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by larrs, Jan 7, 2012.

1. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    I just got an email from my cable company that Tivo Premiere DVRs are now an option for lease through them. Hulu Plus, Netflix and Blockbuster are not availble, but YouTube and other broadband apps are and MRV works as well.

Interesting point is that the Tivos are close to the same price monthly as the Sci-Atl boxes and there is no added charge for the cablecard making it a decent deal. So, for $19.99 monthly with no upfronts versus $16 for the Sci-Atlanta box, it is not bad.

Now, this is a small cable company Link Here that only serves a couple of giant sized neighborhoods in my area (my understanding is it is about 3000 homes total) and provides cable, phone and TV under the HOA of these neighborhoods.

Still, it is nice to see Tivo continues to get into these smaller cable companies with their own equipment.

2. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I think that is great. a superior product for only $4 a month, sounds like a steal.

The no netflix and such may be the hitch for some people, the integration makes it so easy, but I have that stuff on my blu-ray player anyway.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    For someone like you, with other TiVos in the house, I wonder how they handle putting them on your TiVo account so that they have the same Media Access Key.