My Premiere doesn't like Forest Whitaker

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by eketch, Aug 28, 2011.

1. eketch

eketch New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    I've tried to record "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai" three times from IFC, and each time, at the same place in the film -- about 20 minutes in -- the recording stops. No indication as to why. No "partial" indicator in "My shows." Just stops. My Premiere hasn't done this with any other film. Seriously.

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Lots of martial arts action and Forest is a pretty big guy so the TiVo rattles around a lot. Twenty minutes in, Forest actually jumps about a foot to try a leg kick. Try placing something on top to see if that will keep the TiVo still.

Seriously, if you have looked at TiVo history the problem sounds like IFC might have an issue with that film or the sechedule is repeatedly wrong. If TiVo history doesn't indicate anything, the power couldn't have gone off at the same time three times in a row. If IFC has another showing scheduled, try again. I have never had something like this happen in 11 years of using TiVo.

3. tunarollz

tunarollz Jon at TiVo

Jun 1, 2011
    Sunnyvale, CA
    lol

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Neither do I. ;)

But since you do, what I would do if it airs again, is schedule it to record via the normal method, and then I'd also create a manual recording so that both tuners are recording it.