My one request: speed up Search by Title

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Ereth, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...

Advertisements

I'm very happy with the quality of my S3 and I had no problems with my Cablecard install. The HD looks great and I'm happy to have it.

However, I find the "Search by Title" to be very slow. I timed it and it's 3 seconds for the screen to update after I select a letter. 3 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, I'll agree, but it's each and every letter. So if you are searching for, say "Studio 60" it's "scroll to S, click, wait 3 seconds, scroll to t, click, wait 3 seconds, scroll to u, click, wait 3 seconds". Shows that you find in one or two letters this is merely annoying but those that are deep into the alphabet are annoying enough to make you decide to give up and go schedule it from TiVos web site!

With all the negatives here, I hesitate to post this, because I truly like the box. This is my one annoyance. I hope it's on the list for improvement in a future update.

2. Maeglin

Maeglin New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Norcross, GA
    Agreed... that's my only gripe at the moment as well. It seems that it's just easier to do the title search online if you can, though if you're wanting to record something that's just about to start then it doesn't work so well :)

3. jtbarrett

jtbarrett New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    I'm having the same issue; it's quite annoying. That said, everything else about my S3 has been great.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    That's amazing... something the HR10-250 running v3 software is actually much faster at. :)

5. Necro

Necro New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Euharlee, Ga

Advertisements

-> Waiting on a RAM upgrade from Weakness... ;)

6. PPC1

PPC1 Member

Sep 15, 2006
    How about a QWERTY style alphabet menu, too?

7. snathanb

snathanb New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Be great if I could plug a bluetooth dongle into the USB port and use my bluetooth keyboard.

8. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    6.3 is still much faster, which makes me think the slow down is a bug of some sort.

The S3 also goes deaf to the remote when its searching by title, which is very unusual, and messes up my keyboard macros.

9. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    I'd settle for just plugging in a USB keyboard, the underlying system already has that capability, just the search doesn't listen for the keybaord, just the remote. (I tried, just to make sure it doesn't work.)