My new Premiere doesn't have a Media Access Key & no MRV?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Shanezam203, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I upgraded my Tivo Series 3 HD to a Tivo Premiere but it doesn't have a Media Access Key & I can't see the other Tivo box on the network. strange I can see my pictures, videos and music but I can't access any media because I can't see my new media key. Tivo Support and I tried to find my Media Access Key by going into settings and there was not a button for it, he thought it was needing to complete 2 or 3 total updates & reboots?

I've watched a movie on Netflix, so I am on my wireless network via USB adapter. + I connected to the Tivo service a few times manually, and did a power cycle and it installed 1 update, the Tivo bar is now on the bottom, when I got the Tivo it was on the Top.

What am I missing/ doing wrong? It didn't come with the latest software update, it just did that after a power cycle. I copied my Season Pass Manager on Tivo.com (from my Lifetime S3 HD) and that hasn't been applied to the Premiere yet.

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

Did you reboot your other TiVo?

The Media Access Key is the same as your other TiVo.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Did you go to your tivo.com account? Then go to DVR Preferences, see if the boxes are checked for all your boxes.
    Have all your Tivos make their connections. It can take up to 24 hrs to get a MAK and enable transfers on a newer Tivo.

4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    just rebooted both Tivos.

on tivo.com "Video sharing" was not selected! I will see if that enables both a media access key and then the multi room viewing...

thanks

5. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    What is strange to me, is my Season Pass Manager changes are not going to my new Tivo Premiere. why would that be?

Also there physically is not a "Media Access Key" in Account and System Info. I only see:

System Info
    Copyrights and trademarks
    Tuning Adapter
    DVR Diagnostics
    Cable Card Decoder

6. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Have you verfied this new box is on the same account as your others as mentioned above.

www.tivo.com/mma

7. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just a guess... but I wonder if your TiVo was a store demo or a refurb. During the initial setup there is an option to configure a unit as a store demo. I would bet these units would lack a MAK and perhaps have other menu oddities.

I think I'd try a Clear and Delete Everything on that box.

8. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Just verified the Tivo Service # is correct and on my tivo.com.

I called Tivo and they were able to get my Media Access Key to populate, it was not there for the 1st 48 hours. It's there now and I am able to see my Lifetime on my Premiere + media on my PC.