My neighbor the fugitive - captured

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by scandia101, Mar 15, 2011.

1. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...

Advertisements

On 3/12, AMW featured fugitive Abraham Mpaka who was wanted for murder in Florida. Turns out he was living across the street and just down the block from me. If I had seen him on AMW, I wouldn't have recognized him because I've never seen him up close face to face, just from a distance. Thankfully, someone recognized him and called the authorities.

[​IMG]
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=62452

ETA
    I was going to put this in Happy Hour, but decided to put it here for some reason that now escapes me.

2. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I am always amazed at how many criminals are caught from shows like AMW where people see them.. I am pretty sure I could watch AMW and see a criminal profiled like 30 minutes later walk right past me and I would never notice it.

3. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I can understand why you put it over here, but you should have listed AMW in the thread title so that those who watch that show would check out the thread. They might even remember the episode. ;)

4. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just wonder how many false alarms there are though, where the police get a frantic call from an AMW viewer saying that their neighbor is the serial murderer from the show, then it turns out not to be.

5. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.

Advertisements

I recall at least two different cases where the actor who played the criminal in the aired AMW reinactment was reported to the police by someone who watched the show and had only half a memory.

Must be great to end up surrounded by the police, all with guns drawn, because you played some nasty person for a few hours several months ago.

6. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    This picture has been posted elsewhere on TCF at least several times, but since I laugh every time I see it, and it seems relevant here...

[​IMG]

7. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    That never ever fails to make me laugh out loud when I see it.

tk

8. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    I watch AMW almost every week... still haven't seen anyone I know.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    well... Did the anchorman do it? :)