My Myth TV project

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by alek, Mar 12, 2011.

1. alek

alek Member

May 22, 2008

Advertisements

I posted on the other thread about the set up so now I have recorded and played back a few programs.

Firstly, there are an awful lot of possible settings, some of which I don't even understand.

To record a program is simple enough. Highlight it and press record. This takes you too a screen with way too many options.

One thing I like which was missing on tivo is the ability to start a program late.

Not often needed but a couple of times I would have liked that option.

I have set it up to skip ads during playback. Sometimes it works very well and sometimes not.

Usually it plays a few seconds of the first ad then skips the rest. Its brilliant when it works.

There is a funny thing that deleted programs don't actually delete, they stay available. So I fixed this by setting a delete option when it is watched and if I select that they go away.

So mythtv works and works pretty well, picture is good, there's a few quirks with the remote but I am sure they can be figured out.

I have done all I intend to do with it now. If/when I actually need to use it I will spend some time on figuring out the fine set up details.

Alek