1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My fun afternoon

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dbperkins, Mar 13, 2018.

1. dbperkins

dbperkins Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Kalamazoo MI
    Background - I had an older(3 to 4 years old) router that I decided to replace today. It was starting to drop devices and would have to be reset. For some reason none of the Tivo devices would be dropped but my son's computer, phone and game systems would lose internet. Installed new router and then the fun started. Master bedroom mini would not connect to the Bolt. Then my son's Mini would not connect. Then the last thing the Bolt shut down. Unplugged the bolt renewed ip address and finally it was working. My son got his to work from some message about checking the internet. More work was needed for the master bedroom Mini. BUT finally success. Then I decided to log into my account on Tivo. Needed new password....... screwed that up too! Just not my day. Called Tivo the support person fix my mistakes and all is good now.....I need a nap and/or a stiff drink after all this problem over a new router.

Mikeguy likes this.
  2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Too bod for the trouble.

Let me guess...you swapped a Linksys for a Netgear, or otherwise switched brands?

-KP

3. dbperkins

dbperkins Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Kalamazoo MI
    Yes sir.... went from a D-link to a Netgear. It didn't affect my Alexia's for some unknown reason. Today I had to delete and re-install printer driver for my Samsung laser printer. But it's all good now.

4. dbperkins

dbperkins Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Kalamazoo MI
  5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You may want to check your new Netgear router for an "IGMP Snooping" setting. (Though it's not critical if everything's working.)

6. dbperkins

dbperkins Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Kalamazoo MI
    I check the router and IGMP was disabled. Since everything works I will leave it off.

krkaufman likes this.