My first children's TV Question: Handy Manny

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by doom1701, Jan 23, 2008.

1. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...

Advertisements

So Playhouse Disney has entered our house. Kaylee really doesn't follow the stories yet, but anything that has catchy music gets her dancing...and sometimes having her dancing means we get stuff done. :)

Anyway, the main show she's shown any interest in is Handy Manny. Being a tool geek, I enjoy the show quite a bit myself. But all of the songs (the theme, the "Loading up the tools", and the "We fixed it" songs) have a mix of spanish and english, and we really can't make out some of the lyrics. Does anyone actually have a listing of the lyrics...and, better yet, lyrics where the Spanish is also translated, so we have a clue what is being sung? It's not that we're worried about the content--we just can't get the songs out of our heads, and it would be nice to know the real lyrics instead of the words we keep throwing in.

2. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC
    Have you tried turning on Closed Captioning to help figure out the words? I realize that sometimes they don't caption the songs but it might be worth a try.

3. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...

Two of us have been Googling all night...only to have someone remind us to press that CC button on the TV remote. Whadya know, it works! :eek:

4. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Skip Manny. Watch Johnny and the Sprites!

5. bqmeister

bqmeister New Member

May 12, 2006

Advertisements

Uno dos tres is 1 2 3

C'mon va ma nos (sp?), is C'mon Let's Go.

Those are the only spanish lyrics I recall. Next time I watch it, i'll try to see if I missed any.

POP-QUIZ - Who voices Manny?

6. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Wilmer Valderrama

7. drumorgan

drumorgan a "dry" funny

Jan 11, 2003
    America's...
    I've got one episode Tivo'd and all I heard on the opening credits was "Handy Manny" repeated over and over. I speak Spanish, and didn't see anything like a song with lyrics in English or Spanish. I'll finish the episode and see if they play it at another point in the show.

I find it hard to believe that the lyrics are nowhere to be found on the net.

8. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    My kids aren't as interested in this show as they are Dora, Diego and Mickey Mouse.... oh and the new one they like is JoJo's Circus.

9. jon01

jon01 Member

Jan 4, 2005
    long...
    when it first started my son was all about this show. now he's eh about it, if its on he'll watch it. funny to hear wilmer :)

- Jon

10. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    I'm always amazed by what they come up with in Diego. My favorite was when the baby turtle cracked out of its shell and started going the wrong way on the beach. Diego noted that the turtle speaks Spanish, so we would have to tell it what to do in Spanish. A just-hatched turtle that speaks Spanish??? Wow.

11. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    I still say everyone should be watching Johnny and the Sprites!

12. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    Has anybody watched Diego or Dora on a Spanish language channel? They reverse everything, so Dora will address the audience in Spanish, but then call on friends who only speak English. Then she encourages the kids to speak English. The first time I watched an episode I already knew in English, I was in stitches.

13. Netanya

Netanya New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    ''We Fix It''

Let's get going and fix it right

Twist and turn, make it tight

Trabajamos juntos (we work together)

we work together now

Cut it, measure it, tap it flat

Bend and twist, just like that

Each of us has a special job

We work together -- todos juntos (everyone together)

We can fix it right!

''Loading Up The Tools''

Hop up jump in

Come on let's go

Hop up jump in

Si vamanos

Hop up jump in

Don't move too slow (keep up)

Let's get to work

Muy rapido

14. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    Holy thread revival, Batman!

Kaylee doesn't like Handy Manny anymore; she's moved onto Micky Mouse and Lilo&Stitch.

15. erk48188

erk48188 not hinky

Aug 16, 2002
    Canton, MI
    i don't know how old kaylee is...but the imagination movers has a lot of music...and so does phineas and ferb!

16. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    Imagination Movers scares the crap out of us (they look like American Wiggles). But I'd pay real money to get Kaylee interested in Phineas and Ferb; it's one of our favorite shows but she just doesn't want to get into it yet.

(she's 2 1/2, by the way. :) )

17. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    OK...I've moved on from pushing Johnny and the Sprites to pushing The Electric Company. Watch it!

18. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Backyardigans is great. What I really wish is that they still showed reruns of PB&J Otter somewhere. That was my favorite show that my kids have watched. Great, creative music that's different in every episode.

19. TravisKU

TravisKU The Cable Guy

Nov 26, 2001
    Somewhere...
    Maddie and I like Super Why on PBS and Yo Gaba Gaba on Nick

Travis

20. craftassistant

craftassistant Have knife....

Oct 18, 2006
    Apex, NC
    I loveedddddddddd PB & J otter! I forgot all about them till you mentioned them. Backyardigans is great too!