My FAV thing about TIVO

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by passname22, Feb 17, 2015.

1. passname22

passname22 New Member

Feb 17, 2015
    My fav feat about TIVO that makes it worth it.

being able to FAV the channels you want and ONLY showing those channels!!! Click guide and it shows 30channels I fav. I can press channel up and down and it will only go through those channels!!!! I couldn't do that with comcast DVR, with comcast DVR I had to click "fav" channel list EVERY SINGLE TIME and once you press up or down it would show rest of the channel. Same when you click the guide button. just ruined the whole TV experience. I paid a lot for tivo + lifetime but that one feat. makes it all worth it for me. thanks

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Just wait until you stop watching live tv, that is my favorite feature. Comcast box was so poor it could not be trusted. I no longer have a clue what shows are on what nights, or what channel they are on.

3. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I've never used that feature in 13 years. Is there an easy way to favorite a channel(s)?

4. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    He is talking about going into settings and channels and removing channels you don't want or watch. You can still tune to them directly if you needed to.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You must like having a guide that is really big. On any channel just hit thumbs up after moving left to the actual channel logo. Thumbs down cancels the action. Or you can go to the channels listings. I disable my mirror SD channels, enable some oddball stuff, like C-CSPAN, and make favorites of what I usually watch.

6. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    No. Go into settings /channels and give desired channels a thumbs up to set them as favorites. The instructions are right there on the screen.

7. trip1eX

trip1eX Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Yeah I like that you can show only the channels you want to in the guide. Great feature. I am reminded of this everytime I visit my parents and have to scroll through a bunch of crap channels and PPV channels no one cares about.

However I did it by going into Settings and editing the channel list and taking out all the channels I didn't want displayed. The other benefit is no shows are recorded on those channels.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The guide has three options for channel display. However a search ignores favorites but not "my channels". It does skip searching "all channels".

9. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Oh ok. I don't use that. If I don't watch a channel I remove it. No need to have favorites on top of that.

10. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    Whatever works for you.

11. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Yeah, I think I misinterpreted what the OP was talking about. I have only the channels I want selected in settings.

There used to be a favorite channel option when choosing recordings by channel. I thought the OP was talking about that. It looks like that feature is no longer available.

12. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    It's there in 20.4.5c.. I certainly hope that it isn't another casualty of One pass.