My DVR Expander - Anyone's shipped yet?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by b0rg, Oct 25, 2007.

1. b0rg

b0rg New Member

Jan 30, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I ordered early on Tuesday morning. The website then said 1 day to ship. Since then it has changed to 2-3 days.

I called today, and TiVo has no clue why my order has not shipped. They are trying to contact the distribution manager to find out when it might go out.

Has anyone's shipped yet?

Also, I no longer see the drive for sale on WD's site - or maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. (http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=334)

2. myyours

myyours New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I ordered mine on Tuesday morning, as well. 2 day delivery no less...and it appears that it hasn't even shipped yet.

3. Tallguy001

Tallguy001 Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just to add another data point. Ordered on Tuesday, still showing as "Order Placed" with an option to "Cancel Order."

4. TommyMac

TommyMac New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Same here.

Ordered Tuesday night, still not shipped.

5. singletb

singletb New Member

May 12, 2004
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

Same story for me.

6. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I ordered mine from Best Buy on Monday and it shipped Tuesday afternoon. I didn't have it rushed to me, so it'll arrive here on the 30th (UPS Ground shipping).

7. Bsteenson

Bsteenson TiVo is no BS

Jul 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Ordered through TiVo on Tuesday. Hasn't shipped yet. Thinking of seeing that that "cancel" link does and looking elsewhere, perhaps for an internal solution.

BS

8. b0rg

b0rg New Member

Jan 30, 2003
    New Jersey
    Here's a quick update as I just got off the phone with TiVo again.

At first the woman that was helping me said that they were probably on back-order and would not ship out for at least a couple of more days. After checking and seeing that I had ordered early on Tuesday morning, she asked me if I wanted her to "double check." Which of course I did.

So after checking, the official answer is that orders are packed and ready to ship out today. She said that people should be receiving their tracking confirmations no later than tomorrow morning, otherwise to call in and check again.

I didn't realize that BB had these drives available. I was going to order one directly from WD, but the shipping availability was 1-2 weeks. Now it seems they don't even let you purchase them directly.

9. b0rg

b0rg New Member

Jan 30, 2003
    New Jersey
    I found model # WDG1S5000VN at Best Buy - the one that TiVo is selling is WDG1S5000

Same? Different?

10. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    No love here. I ordered on Tuesday too and I paid extra for 2 day shipping so I could have it for Friday.

11. mwwilliams10

mwwilliams10 New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    From all preliminary reports, they are different. The one from Best Buy may not work because it is not "Tivo Verified". Apparently there is something that Tivo does to "verify" a drive and non-verified drives will not work (unless kickstarted on an S3 before 9.2).

12. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    OH LOOK LMAO!!!!
    Check the tivo web site, now saying and I quote

Tuesday it was 24 hours :rolleyes:

13. b0rg

b0rg New Member

Jan 30, 2003
    New Jersey
    Looks like TiVo is starting to process the orders.

My order status changed to "Processing Order"

14. jeffshome

jeffshome Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I canceled my TiVo order and went to BB.

The WD 500 GB MY DVR Expander (WDG1S5000VN) from BB is the same. The box says "TiVo Verified. Compatible with TiVo Series3 HD and TiVo HD DVRs."

I plugged it in and it initialized just fine.

15. tivochiguy

tivochiguy Member

Feb 16, 2004
    My order status changed to "Processing Order" today. Ordered within one hour of drives going on sale.

16. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Yep, 24 hours is what it said, I placed the order Tuesday AM. I followed up later that afternoon and was told it was "in-stock" and ready to ship. Now it says 2-3 days and it still hasn't been processed. :thumbsdown:

---I clicked on the link that said 24 hrs and it said---Copy and pasted for your preview---

https://www3.tivo.com/buytivo/instock-message-ajax.html

We always ship your item as soon as possible. Unless noted otherwise for a specific item:

Orders placed Monday through Friday before 11 AM PST will be shipped same day.
    Orders placed after 11 AM PST will be shipped by the following business day.
    Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will ship the following business day.
    Holidays are not considered a business day

17. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Same here - order is processing. Does his not remind you of the S3 release last year?

18. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Mine is processing now also :up:

However, no big rush on my end, still have not got the 9.2 update and because of bugs I have not had the cablecards put in yet so I'm taking it slow and one step at a time. ;)

19. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    So once you have 9.2, the kickstart method will no longer work? Very interesting. In this case, I'm glad I added the extra storage to both my S3's before they got 9.2. I really like the MX-1/DB35 combo.

Edit: I now realize after reading the official eSATA drive expansion FAQ that all S3's will retain the ability to add "non supported" external drives. This is cool, and possibly a strong selling point for the S3 if someone is interested in upgrading it with the largest external drive possible. I realize that you can always use the WinMFS hack, but many people have no desire to open up their machine and void the warranty.. :)

20. biosehnsucht

biosehnsucht New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    So I hope someone is going to image the tivo blessed drive when they get it right, and see if dumping it to a normal drive will work ? :)