My channel lineup got switched!

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by epstewart, Aug 30, 2016.

1. epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Sometime in the last week, the cable provider on my Bolt and likewise on my Rosmio Plus switched from Verizon FiOS in Baltimore County, Maryland to Verizon FiOS in Silver Spring, Maryland. This played havoc with my channel lineup and messed up my OnePass recording from certain channels. I had to redo Guided Setup to get back to my correct provider. Does anyone know how this could have happened?

2. measel

measel New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Same problem here (Dallas). Frontier(formerly Vzn until they felt the need dump their fios customers in the middle of the night.. but that's another story )

And they auto add channels to your lineup whether you are a subscriber or not, so then I had to go into bolt setup to remove...< best pirate > ARGGG </>

3. epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Before it happened, I got some sort of unusual message from TiVo that said something like "in the next few hours your TiVo will be updating ... " or "changing ... " or something like that, yada yada yada. It said my TiVo service might become temporarily unavailable during the process, and my best recollection is that the message was talking about some kind of changeover that affected the TiVo service itself. I paid no real attention because it did not require me to do anything at my end and I had no control over it anyway. I just deleted the message, although now I wish I hadn't. I'd like to read it again. Did anyone else get a weird notification of this type recently?

4. thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia
    Numerous threads and thousands of posts on this around here. It is due to the transition to Rovi guide data

5. epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    OK, thanks for that info. I'll look at the threads and posts.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Just re-run guided setup with the proper FiOS area. FOrtunately for me, I was already in the Sliver Spring area channel line up since I am in Northern VA on FiOS.

7. epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    You were luckier than I! I've already re-run Guided Setup, and AFAIK I have no further problems.

8. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I got the message yesterday; woke up today and all seems normal. I have been following the thousands of posts and simply assumed there would be issues. Is there any way to tell if the change actually took place?

9. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    In the guide, show descriptions will have an asterisks "*" at the end.